StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of putting on some auxillary lights ala the adventure motostuff light bar set up. My worry is vibration or handling issues with this rig. Who owns it and how does it affect your ride at highway speeds? thanks.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm guessing nobody owns one of these rigs?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have motolights on my V mounted on the front calipers. No vibration at all.
----------
Perry R

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had one on my bike and liked it a LOT. I mounted both Whelen TIR 3 flashers and Optilux fog lights on it and they worked great. Vibration was never an issue nor were there any handling issues. I will be mounting it on my '07 when it arrives.

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
I have one and I only have 1 issue. The factory mounting bolts rust VERY FAST. I changed them with stainless. As far as the mounting bar, no issues. I have put around 1000 miles on with the lights installed, no problems.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Anyone have pics of this set-up?
Or any light aux light set-up, really. I just like looking at pics. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have the light bar and no problems with it. The main issue with both stroms is alternator size and watts available. Use a voltmeter. You should be fine unless try to run heated apparel and higher voltage lights too. The stroms weren't designed for this IMHO. But not too many people will be riding them at night in cold weather (or so Suzuki figures).

JDP

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
+1 for Moto-Lights but for FORK mounted.... if you're a high mileage rider you'll appreciate not having to take the lights off to change a tire. I can't speak highly enough a/b the customer service w/ Moto-Lights.... they are one of my FIVE STAR companies.

Stromette

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
Picture of lights

Hereis a picture of the mount and lights.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts