StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to increase the rear visibilty on my Strom. What is the "been there done that" way to mount another light or 2, and/or brake flasher kit.
Thanks
'Neck

·
Registered
441 Posts
Kisan Tailblazer replacement tail light bulbs work great. Just plug them in and you're done. They are halogens so they're a bit brighter and they have adjustable tail light intensity so you can choose between a greater or lesser intensity compared to the brake lights, which by the way are modulated. This sucker demands attention. And it couldn't be any easier to install. I have a pair in my Strom for sure.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I did the Hyperlite route; VERY pleased with the overall quality, price etc. Daylight vis. is way better than I would have expected. I'm always quite paranoid about getting whacked when stopped, so these don't eliminate the concerns completely but do help

·
Registered
441 Posts
New product...

You might consider the new Kisan LPC-16 Three products in one. I just installed one and I like it a lot.

Embedded in the die cast license plate frame are super-bright, wide angle, arrays of LEDs for sequential turn signals, tail lighting, and brake light modulation. Very bright, very visible, very cool.

·
Administrator
16,597 Posts
Night_Wolf said:
If you have hard bags I would also add reflective striping 8) My bike from the rear "glows" at night when lights hit it. Even if my taillight burned out at night I know I'm visible
Very good idea!!! :)

·
Administrator
16,597 Posts
MWValley said:
Kisan Tailblazer replacement tail light bulbs work great. Just plug them in and you're done. They are halogens so they're a bit brighter and they have adjustable tail light intensity so you can choose between a greater or lesser intensity compared to the brake lights, which by the way are modulated. This sucker demands attention. And it couldn't be any easier to install. I have a pair in my Strom for sure.
I am interested in maybe going this route.. could you let me know where to find these bulbs/kits.? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'll second the reflective tape on the bags!

Here's a couple shots of my previous ride: a Yamaha FJR decked out with black reflective tape.

Dark:

Light!!!

Remember, this is just with a little, old digital camera and a super-small flash bulb. The effect with car headlights is even better!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Just get the Aux brake lights in a Givi tail trunk

·
Registered
172 Posts
3M makes the stuff so you can buy it directly from them... for the FJR, there's a guy with a template that was buying and cutting them out and then selling the kit on eBay for like 17 bucks delivered!

I'm sure I'll be adding some to my set of Happy Trails luggage (once the income tax refund comes back so I can afford the bags).

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
The mounting hardware that came with my Shad hardcases included lights that were to be used as turn signals. I retained my original signals, so I connected the Shad lights to the tail light wiring for additional running lights. I also placed 3M reflective tape on the back and front corners of the Shad bags.
I also installed small running lights into the back of my Krauser top case.

cheers

·
Registered
255 Posts
MWValley said:
You might consider the new Kisan LPC-16 Three products in one. I just installed one and I like it a lot.
I'm considering the Kisan license plate frame with modulated LED brake light and turn signal/running lights. How did installation go? Did you have to do anything special to connect to the existing wiring? Any problems?

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I purchased some bulk red LED's (they are actually clear, but glow red). I used the round red reflectors on the side of the license plate holder to install the LED's. I drilled 2 3/16 holes in the back side of each reflector and pushed the LED into place. Using a 480 ohm resister in the power wire from the license plate light, a grommet in the fender just below the plate light, and voila!...I have extra running lights. LED's come in a massive variety of "brightness". The ones I used are slightly dimmer than the stock tail light, but I am happy with them.
The red square relector on the license plate light, I am going to use as an extra brake light, using some brighter LED's, I will repeat the proceedure I used to make the running lights.
Total cost about 6.00 Cdn.
I just couldnt justify spending 60-100 USD for an aftermarket license plate bracket with LED's built in.

cheers!

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Bright idea Rcacs. Sounds like GWN ingenuity strikes again, no offence intended to others but we are financially challenged when looking for farkles and stuff. As for the license plate frames that light up so great, I was going to spring for one but a dealer told me they didn't carry them because the plate had to be trimmed to fit. That could be a potential no-no with law. For what it's worth I still might someday.

Keep the shiny side up

1 - 18 of 18 Posts