StromTrooper banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2014 DL650A, 2019 DL650XT
33 Posts
I'd be concerned that placement of the aux lights so close to the turn signals could make the turn signals more difficult to discern by oncoming drivers. Positioning them lower would eliminate this possibility while also forming a better triangle with the headlight for conspicuity.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I had them mounted lower for a time, Did not like the illumination. I added these as
protection from cagers pulling out in front of me from the side. Has happened several times.
Never while turning. My front TS lights can be seen clearly even with the Running lights on.
Plus it takes a half second to turn them off if needed. from main switch on the side of the seat
or the dash mounted switch.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wow That sounds like some CSI type stuff are you a Coroner by chance?
Not a coroner, crime scene/trauma cleaning. Suicides, murders, natural deaths etc. A guy died and wasn't found for a few days on this one.

·
Registered
48 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
OK the switch next to the lock for the seat shuts the power completely off to the
running lights. When the switch is on the main switch on the dash has a little red
and green light to tell you the lights are on or off. So the switch on the side
stops any battery drain. And keeps anyone from playing with the dash light switch
and leaving them on. (kids, etc.)
This entire system is completely independent of the stock wiring harness.
So when removed leaves no alterations or mods to be undone of fixed.
The only mod is the hole drilled for the side switch, which can be plugged
with a plastic block off or hole plug.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts