StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using Adventure Tech’s auxiliary lighting kit? Comes complete with bike specific bracket wiring harness and lights for $165. Opinions?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Not familiar with those but first I would ask what is your primary purpose for additional lighting.
For $24 I installed knockoff "MotoLights" The LEDs are very attention getting and that is why I installed them.They have served me well for years.
If you need more light for night driving I would encourage you to look at PIAA.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Not familiar with those but first I would ask what is your primary purpose for additional lighting.
For $24 I installed knockoff "MotoLights" The LEDs are very attention getting and that is why I installed them.They have served me well for years.
If you need more light for night driving I would encourage you to look at PIAA.
View attachment 279563
PIAA phfff.......Clearwater! If you're going to over spend...overspend bigtime!

·
Registered
693 Posts
I purchased mine from Yitamotor who is an Ebay vendor. He offers some really
good reliable LED lights and harness kits. Very reasonable prices. Mine are
metal case 18 watts per light. The harness come prewired with a water proof switch,
40 Amp Relay, fuse holder, Insulated full length. Works awesome. I've had these
on the bike for over a year with no issues.
Less than $50 for everything.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Any links to the Yitamotor or Motolights? I'm looking at Auxiliary lighting also. Found Yitamotor on ebay but not sure which lights or harness you got. Motolights on ebay or amazon? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
693 Posts
I will look when I get home tonight and see what the part numbers are.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
I don't know about Yitamotor brand/rebrand but I have used several 3" and 4" LED pods and wiring harness's from Amazon with great success.

I bought a bike that came with Rigid brands lights and a side x side comparison the Amazon lights are brighter, whiter and around $130 less expensive.

Lately I've been using sideshooter's. In fact I have a set due to arrive today or tomorrow for a bike I recently bought. Hillsking $28.99. They do a real nice job of casting light almost in a 180 degree arc.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Yes, I use them.

I'm surprised more have not posted in response.
Yeah, These are the ones I've settled on. My youngest set was bought in 2016 and the oldest 2014. They have the "spot" reflectors. The case is rugged and water proof to 3ft. (not all aux lights are) I found a aluminum rocker switch that I "narrowed" to fit between the switch box and clutch mount. I ride at night, a lot _ for fun.

If you do a search on the mfg part # NI06A-18w you will find that it leads back to Cree.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Ok Here are the Ebay part numbers for the 2 18 watt light kit and 2 light harness. These are almost identical
to the ones I have.
Ebay 201724818979 And 202135243071 is for the harness. $18 Less than $45 for the whole
lot.
Now, you will need to fabricate a bracket for mounting ,depending on how you want them attached.
The lights have mounting hardware included.

The harness is way long ( Made for auto applications) But can be shortened if you have soldering skills
or by use of crimp connectors.
I did not have to remove anything from the stock bike to install these.
I mounted the switch to the left side of the gage cluster.
These lights are good and bright. But not blinding to oncoming drivers. They get you seen by cagers.
And light up the road for increased visibility. I have had ZERO issues with this set up.
if you need more pics let me know.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks for everyones input

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah, These are the ones I've settled on. My youngest set was bought in 2016 and the oldest 2014. They have the "spot" reflectors. The case is rugged and water proof to 3ft. (not all aux lights are) I found a aluminum rocker switch that I "narrowed" to fit between the switch box and clutch mount. I ride at night, a lot _ for fun.

If you do a search on the mfg part # NI06A-18w you will find that it leads back to Cree.
Does it make a difference if these are mounted upside down? Or in turned sideways? Wondering if the light will spread a different way?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Upside down doesn't matter, I have them both ways. I have never tried them on edge, so to speak. Interesting question. Might make a slightly vertical oval. If you get them, try one hand held.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I have had the Yitamotor LED lights on 2 different motorcycles and 3 different trucks,
cars and each has worked flawlessly for several years and more. I have used other
brand lights like this from China and they were crap by comparison. But for the price
and easy to install nature of what they offer it is a great deal. No need to spend big
bucks on this type of upgrade.. The ones on my Vstrom are nearly Identical to the
NiLight ones shown in post #9. Same rating of 18 Watts.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ok Here are the Ebay part numbers for the 2 18 watt light kit and 2 light harness. These are almost identical
to the ones I have.
Ebay 201724818979 And 202135243071 is for the harness. $18 Less than $45 for the whole
lot.
Now, you will need to fabricate a bracket for mounting ,depending on how you want them attached.
The lights have mounting hardware included.

The harness is way long ( Made for auto applications) But can be shortened if you have soldering skills
or by use of crimp connectors.
I did not have to remove anything from the stock bike to install these.
I mounted the switch to the left side of the gage cluster.
These lights are good and bright. But not blinding to oncoming drivers. They get you seen by cagers.
And light up the road for increased visibility. I have had ZERO issues with this set up.
if you need more pics let me know.
I ended up getting these. For less than $50.00 I don't have much to lose really. I've spent more on worse things. So far so good with them. I may end up running them into the headlight wiring so I don't have to mess with having a switch but it's not that big a deal for me right now. I bought some round clamps on amazon that have rubber inserts and mounted them on the crash bars. Looks good although I was a little worried about them being right under the turn signals an sort of blocking the visibility of the turn signals but I think it'll be alright.

Reactions: RestoRider2017

·
Registered
693 Posts
I have a good reason to purchase from this vendor. He sells decent quality products for dirt cheap
prices. I can replace these a half dozen times for what some of the high ends LED running lights cost.
if they get damaged, so your out $20. You will see they work well for the total cost.
post some pics of how they look.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a good reason to purchase from this vendor. He sells decent quality products for dirt cheap
prices. I can replace these a half dozen times for what some of the high ends LED running lights cost.
if they get damaged, so your out $20. You will see they work well for the total cost.
post some pics of how they look.
I'll see if I can get some pics tomorrow maybe if I don't run out of daylight. Got ot go out of town and look at cleaning up a dead guy scene. Be gone most of the day.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Wow That sounds like some CSI type stuff are you a Coroner by chance?

·
Registered
693 Posts
81Delorean, Here are some pics of my set up . I have some extra waterproof switches shown in the photos
if you want one let me know I can mail it too you.
jake :cool:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts