StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’m trying to wire up some fog lights to my 2015 650 v strom and I need to crimp onto a live feed from the front light wiring loom

I haven’t a clue what colour this Power feed should be

many help much appreciated

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Probably not the answer you want, but the first thing I do when adding electrical components is install a small fuse box and a relay. The relay trip is connected to the taillight wire. Then I was able to run heated grips(1), amber fog lights(2), power outlet(3), Heated jacket plug(4), and extra driving lights(5).

·
Registered
402 Posts
I’m trying to wire up some fog lights to my 2015 650 v strom and I need to crimp onto a live feed from the front light
I would not crimp into the front light power.

install a small fuse box and a relay. The relay trip is connected to the taillight wire.
I would go this route and install an aux fuse box under the seat, have it switch powered through a relay, and run the fog lights thru a relay too

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
I'm with @nvr2old and @Yarz1. Also, what about the ground? Grounding to the frame is not a good idea.

There's an OEM grip heater plug or Accessory plug (which is empty unless used for heated grips or something else) that could be used to get both power and ground. It's located up behind the radiator. Eastern Beaver offers an adapter for connecting to it along with lot of other good electrical type items.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
As the lights will come on with your ignition it is not necessary to splice into your headlight wires and I would recommend you don't, it is a weak point on some Vstroms.

There is the accessory plug mentioned earlier or a very easy place to get switched 12v power to energise your relay is from the back of the horn.

You only need a blue piggyback spade connector, it will still power your horn and your relay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts