StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the kids got me a set of auxiliary lights for Fathers Day. I have the EB H4 relay kit installed so have the extra socket taped up and out of the way. Can this socket be used to power the aux lights? Or is it best to skip this altogether and feed directly from the battery?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Depends on the current draw of the aux lights. If it's as much or more than what the high beam would have been drawing from the loom without the relay kit you'd be better off using a relay and going direct from the battery. If it's less than the stock high beam the wiring and switches will cope fine.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So if I connect directly to this H4 socket do I need to plug into both lo and high beams? I'd like the aux lights to be on at all times.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
If you basically short circuit the low and high beam wires you may get some unexpected results, at least I would be worried without really studying the wiring diagram. Plus no way to turn them of, which at some point you may want to or need to do.

Better to wire them to a fuse box (on with the ignition on) and put a switch in-line to be able to turn them of.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts