StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 371 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Took me a little while to find these connectors from the post I was able to find on this forum. I hope these pictures help shorten the time for someone else. First round is the Aux connector location. I included a picture of the Eastern Beaver Accessory Adapter with the positive and negative wires labeled. My Accessory Adapter came with white and black wires. The heated grip connector is bare to fit the mating connector. The Aux connector has a cover that must be removed to use. See posts #46 & #47 in this thread.

Attachments

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Maybe somebody at Suzuki finally realized the black connector fixed with black tape that was used for years was hard to find.

·
Registered
57 Posts
And then?

I'm sure I'm missing something, but are you saying that you installed something using these locations? I've been interested in adding heated grips, so if this will help make the process easier, I'm all ears!

Thanks for the pics

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And then?

I'm sure I'm missing something, but are you saying that you installed something using these locations? I've been interested in adding heated grips, so if this will help make the process easier, I'm all ears!

Thanks for the pics
My intent was to help others when doing installs and all I found were verbal descriptions like this one. http://www.stromtrooper.com/dl650-2012/110857-help-left-side-aux-plug-location.html

Here is a thread http://www.stromtrooper.com/dl650-2012/71221-2012-heated-grip-install.html I had found about Heated grip install and I looked at it but didn't find nice pretty pics marking the where the connectors are, which would have helped me in locating the connectors. So I was attempting to give back to the community I have been lurking on and gleaning info from.

Anyway to answer your question. I installed Rickland Ricks Aux shelf but am still thinking about heated grips.
Here is a thread with my Aux shelf install. http://www.stromtrooper.com/dl650-2012/112513-adventure-tech-aux-shelf-install.html

·
38,048 Posts

·
38,048 Posts
The aux connector is basically for a GPS or phone charger. It's light duty. The heated grip connector is probably good for 40W or so.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Wow thanks a ton! Will save a lot of time come fall.

·
Registered
435 Posts
That aux connector... what is that connector type called? I'm wondering what kind of connector I'd need in order to plug into that aux connector. Thanks in advance for the info. :confused:

·
38,048 Posts
That aux connector... what is that connector type called? I'm wondering what kind of connector I'd need in order to plug into that aux connector. Thanks in advance for the info. :confused:
The connector is the 2P090wp-MT-Special B. VStrom also shown on SM-MT

·
Registered
435 Posts
The connector is the 2P090wp-MT-Special B. VStrom also shown on SM-MT
Wow, I appreciate the information and fast response. I wish they could have just used a connector like you find on a typical trickle charger instead. But I suppose if they did that then people would wish they'd used a 2P090wp-MT-Special B connector instead. :green_lol:

·
38,048 Posts
The typical connector you describe is an SAE connector. You aren't going to find one of those on a Japanese bike. You're more likely to find Japanese connectors on a Harley.

·
Registered
435 Posts
The typical connector you describe is an SAE connector. You aren't going to find one of those on a Japanese bike. You're more likely to find Japanese connectors on a Harley.
I just sold a Harley a couple of months ago. A lot of the nuts/bolts that I worked with on that bike were metric. Wouldn't have surprised me to find some Japanese style connectors on that bike, too. :mrgreen:

·
38,048 Posts
According to what I've read, at least most Harleys use Japanese Showa forks and Japanese electrics.

·
Registered
13 Posts
wiring 2P090WP-MT-SPB connector

Ive ordered the conector
2P090WP-MT-SPB for my after market heated grips. They are the ones with a high/low setting with a small toggle switch.

I am lookin for advice on wiring the OEM
2P090WP-MT-SPB connector. Do you run both high and low wires into one side of the connector?:confused:

I wired my bike up, not knowing of the OEM location.
My heated grips have 3 wires for each grip heater:

high > blue
Low > white
Ground > red

I tied in the blue to blue, and the white to white, and then the ground red wire for both sides.

I tapped a headlight wire and grounded it to the frame. it works but is a bit goofy.

I would like to use the OEM connector but I am unsure of the wiring on the connector I ordered:
2P090WP-MT-SPB

Thanks

·
38,048 Posts
The aux connector doesn't supply enough power for heated grips. You'll blow the ignition fuse. Use the heated grip connector. Don't ground to the frame. It can cause corrosion with a combined steel and aluminum frame. Check the wiring diagram with the grips. The blue and white wires go to the switch. The red wire goes to the heated grip connector negative (black/white on the bike). The hot wire to the switch goes to the heated grip connector positive. (orange/green on the bike).

1 - 20 of 371 Posts