StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about mounting some automotive halogen driving lights onto the Twisted Throttle headlamp mounting bar.
Just wondered if the bulbs will withstand the vibrations?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had good luck with the cheap Wally-Mart halogen lights on my Connie as well as my dirt bike. Never had a bulb burn out, so at $17.88 for a pair, seemed like a good deal. :thumbup:

I did lose one when I dropped the bike and crushed it, but that's a different matter.....

·
Registered
149 Posts
I am selling a high power LED driving light that will work well for your application.

PM me for details, if you like!

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Don't forget the limited electrical output.

Driving lights are, typically, 55 watts each.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I sent Ghostrider66 a private email, but I want to include the information here as well.

A friend and I are starting an LED off-road/driving light company, and we will be called Tesla-leds

Currently, our first product is a waterproof, aluminum light, putting out 1800 lumens from 4 Cree Leds. Each light only draws 20 watts, and the lights should last about 100,000 hours before failure.

The housings are submergable, and the lights will come with mounting brackets to attach to a bolt point, or to handlebars.

Each pair is priced at 185, shipped.

For 205, shipped, we will include a dimmer switch and a relay and harness. Wired correctly, this will allow you to set the light output for daytime running lights, and they will go to 100% power anytime you activate the high beams.

Here is a picture of the lights mounted on my STROM:

Please feel free to PM me with question. I will be posting in the Vendors forum soon.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
I sent Ghostrider66 a private email, but I want to include the information here as well.

A friend and I are starting an LED off-road/driving light company, and we will be called Tesla-leds

Currently, our first product is a waterproof, aluminum light, putting out 1800 lumens from 4 Cree Leds. Each light only draws 20 watts, and the lights should last about 100,000 hours before failure.

The housings are submergable, and the lights will come with mounting brackets to attach to a bolt point, or to handlebars.

Each pair is priced at 185, shipped.

For 205, shipped, we will include a dimmer switch and a relay and harness. Wired correctly, this will allow you to set the light output for daytime running lights, and they will go to 100% power anytime you activate the high beams.

Here is a picture of the lights mounted on my STROM:

Please feel free to PM me with question. I will be posting in the Vendors forum soon.

I'm interested.

What I have been looking for - although not terribly hard - are LED driving lights that will allow me to be seen better (not necessarially see better).

I want to wire them in to run right off the Suzuki OEM heated grip plug behind the radiator, with no relay; so LED have to be the way to go (low current consumption, won't overload the wiring). I like the idea of doing that because then there is no switch and no extra wiring. Bike on, they are on. Bike off, they are off.

I plan on mounting them to a set of old handlebar dirt bike handguard mounts that are black aluminum and will go neatly onto my SW Motech engine guards. These have a single bolt point to attach an accessory to.

I'd like to see some pictures of the units up close, please.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Tesla LED's

PM sent. It sounds like the perfect light for my Wee or for any adventure bike application for that matter. I think I want to mount them on the engine guards but I'm not positive yet. Also, does a on/off switch come with the lights? I plan on using them at night only, especially in the Tx Hill Country where deer outnumber people.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts