StromTrooper banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
The Super Tenere comes with factory linked brakes that work using the ABS unit. Hit the front brakes first and the rear brakes proportionally engage. Hit the rear first and it locks the system out for you so you can have independent braking.

Seamless. Confidence inspiring. Something I never knew I was missing and will look for on my next bike.

Useless extra weight - please, spare me
Maintenance issue - it hasn't been yet on 2 different S10s
Pussify the riding experience - maybe, but I am into avoiding the wrecking experience

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
On the S10, does it have a proportioning valve to activate the rear brake, or is the ABS pump providing the pressure? Just curious. I'm gonna guess the ABS pump, meaning it is working every time you brake. I presume there's a computer somewhere telling it what to do. Possibly an exceptionally well-engineered system with a MTBF of 50 years. But I doubt it.

If people want a linked braking system, I have no quarrel with that. I don't care for them, and have ridden successfully and safely for a long time without them. I'll choose when and how to apply my brakes, thanks.

I read one review saying that, starting with 2020, ABS brakes are no longer user-defeatable on motorcycles. Sad if true.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts