StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm admittedly not an electrical system guru. I have a new Autocom set, but I'm not really sure how or where to wire it in. I'm sure I saw an example on here a couple of years ago, but I can't for the life of me find it.

I would be forever grateful if someone please explain how they have their set wired in. If you have any pictures or links to pictures that would be even better.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm told you can use the tail light feed (or any switched wire to power the autocom. I'm not too keen on cutting into the loom so I'm going to use one of the taps in the bottom of this page till I get theswitched power block sorted.

http://www.2wheelinnovations.com/Distribution Blocks.htm

Now, back to trying to fit the mic and earphones in the helmets.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sorted it out myself. After studying the dizzying electrical system schematic I obtained online, I decided the brown wire coming out of the tail light wire bundle was the one I needed. I attatched the ground wire to the battery and spliced into the brown wire for my positive lead. And waddya know, it worked.

Can someone at least let me know if my bike is going to explode, implode or any other disaster as a result of my wiring job?

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts