StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many members using Australia's second biggest telco, Optus, as their ISP have been unable to access the site according to our down under moderator p38arover. Ron is one of those having problems.

·
Super Moderator
4,616 Posts
Yes, others in Oz are also having trouble accessing other VerticalScope and VerticalSports fora. (There is a thread about it on the Whirlpool tech forum - not Whirlpool white goods >:). )

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2646915

Optus tech support have told me to refer it to VS. GREAT SUPPORT!

Some have got access by changing their network adapter's DNS to Google 8:8:8:8 and 8:8:4:4

I had no success with that.

In case you are wondering, I'm coming in via my phone.

If needs be, I can be contacted on my phone or email.

Cheers,

Ron
Mobile 0408 483 269
[email protected]

·
Super Moderator
4,616 Posts
I'm baaaack! It came good overnight.

I don't know if it was VerticalScope or Optus that fixed the problem but it came good after some correspondence with a chap from VS.

I checked a few other VS sites I frequent and they are now accessible. I tried sites on VerticalSports that I don't frequent and they are accessible as well.

Optus were hopeless. I tried raising the problem on the Optus Yes Crowd forum just in case someone might look at it but had no response.

Oh, re changing my DNS, the Optus CG3000v2 cable modem from Netgear has the ability to change DNS locked out.

·
Administrator
1,128 Posts
There were some security changes made to our servers, some including IP blocks are supposed to be filtered by direct server box but the update applied them to all. This has been corrected

Kyle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts