StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a ride laid out for August 19. Who's interested?

Starting and ending point will be San Antonio Park, where we started from once before. It's just off Hwy 52 in San Antonio, FL, and the coordinates are N28 20.150 W82 16.341.

We'll wind our way over to Tarpon Springs and have lunch at Hellas Restaurant, 785 Dodecanese Blvd, which is close to the water.

The entire trip is 93 miles. Plan to leave at 10am, and we should be rolliing into lunch just before noon. We'll be done with the ride about 3pm.

The GPS route for Garmin's is at www.louwhitney.com/V-Strom_Aug19_06.zip

I pre-ran it last Sunday, and I think you'll like it.

The following are planning to ride:

Motoxusa
Jet Jaquar
RodK
SteveC
DanW
JackS
FrankO
Mike

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking forward to seeing you guys. Looks like 8 riders so far. Should be a good ride, especially with the 10am start.

·
Registered
852 Posts
If it were the 26th instead of the 19th, I'd be all over it.

However, on the 19th, I have to work.

·
Registered
57 Posts
ride

How far away is the ride from Jacksonville Florida.Might see if I can get a motel in a close town to be fresh for the ride if nothing else comes up.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Magblast...it's about 180 one way from Jacksonville to the starting point in San Antonio, FL. The closest town with motels is probably Dade City, which is only a few miles from San Antonio on Hwy 52. It's definitely an overnighter from Jacksonville. We've got a few regular V-Strom riders in the Jacksonville area, and will probably be organizing a ride in that neck of the woods before too long. We'd loveto have you, but certainly understand if you take a pass this time.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Great fun! Thanks Lou. That was some killer Souvlaki for lunch. I vote for myself as the wettest guy on the way home. Mike and I had outrun the storm all the way to Plant City then it came down. I had a good 30-45 minutes to go.

After the Moto GP run on Bayhead, I was reminded of our Hernando/Citrus ride. We'll have to do that again soon :shock: :D

Rod

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
63 Posts
New To Stromtroopers

I saw your ride plan. I happen to live in Tarpon Springs. That same day I rode my 2006 650DL from Tarpon Springs up to Ocala. I took off around 7:00 and got back around 12:30. I thought about stopping in the Sponge Docks to introduce myself, but I got soaked about 2 miles outside of Tarpon and decided to call it day. It was great ride though.
Get me shout about any future rides.

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
StromSavage....Sorry we missed you. We loved Tarpon Springs, and had a great ride.

Check back on the Stromtrooper message board regarding future rides. I also send out e-mail announcements if you want to PM me your e-mail address.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I wish I could have joined y'all for the ride. Being in Miami has it's pro's and con's.
I'll keep an eye out for when you post one a little further south and/or when we get moved to north of Orlando.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Lou

Looks like everyone had a great time. Sorry I missed the ride. We played ball so bad the ride would have been tons better.
Don't forget, Allans grand opening will be this Saturday, Aug 26/27, Born to Ride girls, Bud Girls and Coors Girls all will be showing off the new motorcycles.
Hope to see you all there.

·
Registered
725 Posts
It was a good ride, and I didn't get too wet on the way home. Lou and I hit a shower on Hwy 50, but passed through it in a minute or two. Skies cleared up after that.

Just a thought for the next gathering, maybe we could put something together on the east side of the state. When I rode out to Riding Into History in May, I thought something in the St. Augustine or Ormond Beach area would be a good ride. Anyone familiar with the area willing to put a route together?

mnparadise, if you have any good routes in mind in the south of the state, you could always put something together. I'm sure you'd get a few bikes to turn out. If you plan it, they will come.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Re: ride

Magblast said:
How far away is the ride from Jacksonville Florida.Might see if I can get a motel in a close town to be fresh for the ride if nothing else comes up.
I saw a silver DL1000 Sunday about 1:10 pm on Beach Blvd turning onto Southside Blvd going south. I was going east on Beach Blvd with the wife in the car. That by chance wasn't you was it, Magblast?

We need to get together for a ride my friend. 8)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts