StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mark is posting up a thread in ADV rider for a Aug 1st ride:p

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250588

Luke and his cronies on his new favorite website, stromtroopers.org or whatever it is, are wanting a mid-week road ride. This one's gonna be in my hood.

Monday, August 1, 2007.

Meeting point #1, at 9:30 am; my house.

158 E. North St.
Mt. Gilead, OH
(1 block north of Ohio 95)

From there we'll motor to Danville, to meeting point #2 at 10:45

BP station
(SW corner of Ohio 205 and US 62, at the four way stop)

Then it'll be a nice mix of riding, spanning US 62, Ohio routes 715, 60, 83, 541, 514, 520, et. al. Lots of good curves, nice pavement, and mid-week the area should be pretty much traffic free. There might be a bit of gravel, but nothing you can't run a 'Wing down.

Lunch at Peggy Sue's in New Castle.

Total mileage should be about 175 miles.

Interested parties, post up. Luke is cross-posting this onto stromtroopers also.

So there it is. Who's in???;)

·
0 Posts
I'll mark it on my calander, but won't be able to fully commit until a couple days before due to my "lack of work schedule".

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All the cool people will be there! LOL Hope to see a bunch of mid week riders show. That last ride really showed an interest from this site in these types of tours.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I'm there boys and girls. And Mt. Gilead is only a mere 85 miles from my crib, so this will be easy.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm thinking Aug. 1st 2007 is a Wednesday? Confirm the date and I'll plan to be there!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good eye. :) Yes, this will be a Wednesday.

·
0 Posts
I'm in...as long as I'm not working.
A couple days before the ride I should be able to tell.

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,039 Posts
Well, how did the ride go? I was real close to making the 190 mi ride over there until the weather man said HOT!

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Went great. 385 total miles for me, and here's a couple shots I took:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Couple more for ya

Attachments

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,039 Posts
Glad to hear everything went ok. I've done some south east Ohio roads but nothing that far north other than passing through.

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
So how did the bike run MZ. Any problems with the FI?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gotta like Marks style. He kept three Dl1000's and a GS1200 in chase mode for about 100 miles on a KLR. The boy can corner, just be gald he got ride of the sport bike!:rolleyes:
Hope everyone had a good time. Most the photos I took on the bike were too blurry to post but I have three that look good.;) Mark has my videos so if he posts in the ADV thread I'll copy them here.

Mark showing how to rest your leg

Lunch at Peggy Sue's

Dan and our GS1200 rider in a sweep corner.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
So how did the bike run MZ. Any problems with the FI?
She coughed three times total I think in all the flogging I did. I pinned the throttle a couple times and saw 105 indicated trying to catch that little KLR650!!!

On the way home, I'd pretty much decided to get rid of her. But then I stopped off at Rousch Powersports in Medina to stretch my legs, and one of the salesmen asked me what I thought of the Strom. I told him about my issues and also all the things I love about it. Having that conversation really made me think, and I listed off so many positives.... I think I'd have a hard time finding that many good things to say about another bike. So I think she's here to stay!

But damn, that GS1200 is one sweet ass bike. Good think John didn't let me swap because I might not have given it back!!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Talk to some GS 1200 owners about their head ackes! I say a GS1200 break the gear shifter inside the shifter box (Flagger on ADV)! Poor guy had to tear the bike apart himself to repair it because the mechanics in Columbus were saying it would be two months before they could even look at it! There is no perfect bike, if there was everyone would be riding it. :)

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Gotta like Marks style. He kept three Dl1000's and a GS1200 in chase mode for about 100 miles on a KLR. The boy can corner, just be gald he got ride of the sport bike!:rolleyes:

Thanks, Luke. I'm glad you guys had fun, I certainly did. Hope your trip to NY is going well.

I'm pretty much set on buying a DL650 w/ Givis. Probably start looking into that when Meredith and I return from the BRP trip in mid August.

As you might be able to tell from my initial membership date on here, I've been batting the idea around for.... a while.

·
0 Posts
Hey Mark...When are you going to the BRP??
I on two weeks vacation starting August 19...doing two consecutive weeks, and plan on going from here, across WV, thru VI, TN, NC, GA, then return.

Let me know!!

Matt

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Oh, now you wanna ride the BRP with me! :D

Mer and I are leaving this Tuesday (8-7) and will be back about a week / ish later. We're both on KLRs, so it'll be a slow tempo.

One of my buds lives in Gatlinburg, TN; so we're going to stay with him and do Deals Gap, Cherohala, the Smokies, the usual down there...

·
0 Posts
Shoot...you're going to be there one week too early for me.
Well, have a good time...and maybe next time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts