StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a used Wee in a few weeks, I'll have it home Monday night on the 7th of July. I am leaving Thursday the 10th of July on a 1000 mile ride to and through Glacier Park.

Soo...that leaves me Tuesday and Wednesday night to install Audiovox cruise on a bike that I have never seen with the plastics off. I've installed cruise on my Honda so I am familiar with the system, but that doesn't help with the wiring on the Wee.

Soo... anyone know which color brake light to tap into? Which color coil wire to tap into? Best way to pull vacuum for the system? Anything else to watch for?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I am getting a used Wee in a few weeks, I'll have it home Monday night on the 7th of July. I am leaving Thursday the 10th of July on a 1000 mile ride to and through Glacier Park.

Soo...that leaves me Tuesday and Wednesday night to install Audiovox cruise on a bike that I have never seen with the plastics off. I've installed cruise on my Honda so I am familiar with the system, but that doesn't help with the wiring on the Wee.

Soo... anyone know which color brake light to tap into? Which color coil wire to tap into? Best way to pull vacuum for the system? Anything else to watch for?
Its a cake walk, done it twice so far.

http://www.rvbprecision.com/articles/24/motorcycle_electronic_cruise_control

-GW

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Lots of helpful threads at http://11109.rapidforum.com/area=97 too including a simplified wiring diagram. Be aware it won't work with LED taillights without an added relay.

·
Registered
48 Posts
In Progress Audiovox Install

About halfway through the install on my cruise control.. Couple interesting things of note.

1. No charcoal canister on my bike. Thought everything 2007+ had them, but this 08 doesn't. Also why I smell more gas than I thought I would.

2. Good thing there isn't a canister! Cause I don't know how you guys fit the control module under the other side with all those wire bundles.. I ground off the bracket that would have held the canister and mounted the control there. Vacuum can will go in the tail.

3. Used the pull from the front method I've seen posted here, cable attachted to the carb brace on the front cylinder. Others report these screws being incredibly tight. Mine were not, came right out.

4. Soldered everything, omited the molex connector in the front. But I'm waiting on a harness from EasternBreaver to install my aux circuit panel, so no juice to the box yet.

Should finish up Tuesday when parts arrive. Will post the outcome, thanks for all the info on here all!

Cheers!

Jon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts