StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have put a set of MSR ATV Hi Bars on my Wee and have a question for those of you with similar setups. I have noticed that on a full right-hand turn to the stop on my bike the throttle cables are pulling tight enough that I am getting a RPM increase in this position. Looking at the cables when the steering is turned full right I can see that the cables are drawn tight through the loom on the triple tree. Any easy fixes or are new, longer cables the answer?

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
I've got ATV high bars AND up-and-back risers on my (non-ABS) '07 and did not have a problem. I had to re-route the cables slightly -- don't feel obligated to use the OEM routing and wire guides. Just see what works.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got ATV high bars AND up-and-back risers on my (non-ABS) '07 and did not have a problem. I had to re-route the cables slightly -- don't feel obligated to use the OEM routing and wire guides. Just see what works.
Thanks, for some reason I didn't think of doing just that. Duh. :headbang: I just focused on the "needing longer cables" thing. Sometimes I think that someone should take away my wrenches and make me go to a dealership for maintenance on my bikes. I will go out and check out possible re-routing today.

Feeling kind of stupid...

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Yeah, just see how the cables want to run outside the wire guides and go with that. If you want to bundle any of them (I did because I added aftermarket grip heaters that have wires attached as well as a power point outlet) you can use unobtrusive black zip ties.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeppers. Going to do something like that. I buy the black wire ties by the big jug. I use a lot of them as I sometimes make custom wiring harnesses for bikes (used to make my living in the Electronics/Electrical field back in the 70's).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts