StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put a set of ATV bars on the Wee and totally eliminated the front end washouts. I still need to get some 2" Rox risers to get them back a little bit. I just used some pro taper standard adapters and they need to come back a little bit more.

But I am amazed how just changing the handlebar bend removes all the washout problems I was having

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have to ride sitting a little further forward. that will change when I get the risers. This would be a good set up for a taller person, I'm 5'10", 250#.

I used Pro Taper pastrana FMX high ATV bars $80
Pro Taper Risers $40

I'll return the pro tapers and get a set of Rox 2" adjustable risers $80

My one concern it the front brake line. I'll try to reroute it behind the fork and hope it fits.

I was able to reuse the grips. The right comes off with the throttle, the left just came off with a little muscle.

·
Registered
539 Posts
You realise that your "cure" for front end wash out is that your new bars moved you forward and put more weight on your front end.

You will most likely loose this if/when you go to the ROX and move the bars back.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Put a set of ATV bars on the Wee and totally eliminated the front end washouts. I still need to get some 2" Rox risers to get them back a little bit. I just used some pro taper standard adapters and they need to come back a little bit more.

But I am amazed how just changing the handlebar bend removes all the washout problems I was having
Why didn't you just raise the front folks about 1/2 inch? I don't think you can raise the bar 2 inches without modifications to the break or throttle line.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You realise that your "cure" for front end wash out is that your new bars moved you forward and put more weight on your front end.

You will most likely loose this if/when you go to the ROX and move the bars back.

That did cross my mind. But even when I leaned back I didn't experience any washout. And usually adding weight to the front end causes washouts..

We'll see what happens when I get the risers.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why didn't you just raise the front folks about 1/2 inch? I don't think you can raise the bar 2 inches without modifications to the break or throttle line.
the risers should put the bars just a little higher that stock. Right now I think I'm lower than stock

1 - 8 of 8 Posts