StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Vancouver and lower mainland riders.

Back in 2007 or so we had a group of local strommers who met for breakfast (usually once a month on a Sunday) and then did a small ride, 2-3 hrs we called it the “Breakfast Club – Northern Edition”. I believe the founder was BC-Bruce.

Let’s resurrect the club. A great way to meet locals and compare farkles.

I suppose we can ride out to a lunch spot instead of breakfast too :bom_smug2:

Everything from a 2 hr twisty Fraser Valley ride to a 10 hr Duffy Lake loop. There are some great Washington back roads as well.

We can post short notice rides here too...

Spring has spung! (at least in southern BC)

·
Premium Member
2,540 Posts
Sadly, BC-Bruce has sold his stallion (or was planning on it, last I heard a few months back).

But I'm still around. Anyone else?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I live near the border and am often looking for a ride. However, Sundays can be difficult for me so I probably wouldn't be a regular.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...we can always do a Saturday if it helps.

@ Larolco - I see Sharon and Bob haven't been on the forum for a few years.

Did BC-Bruce sell to get something else, or take a break from motorcycling?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well I'm new to the v-strom, and relatively new to motorcycling in general. I do a lot of solo-riding, so picking up some more riding friends would be great!

I bought my '14 dl650 just this past October, but with the winter being so mild, I've managed to put on 6K or so. What a spectacular bike! :D

Cheers,
Karol (like Karl)

·
Registered
20 Posts
BTW - I vote for a Duffy Lake loop in the near future! I was up in Pemberton this past weekend... the roads were fantastic! And, the Mile One Eating House does an incredible burger. WA backroads would be great too, and something new for me!

-Karol

·
Premium Member
2,540 Posts
...we can always do a Saturday if it helps.

@ Larolco - I see Sharon and Bob haven't been on the forum for a few years.

Did BC-Bruce sell to get something else, or take a break from motorcycling?
I'm not sure what Sharon's up to, but Bruce PMed me a few months ago. I'm pretty sure he's bikeless now. He was in the process of selling his Vee. Maybe Sharon did the same?

Anyhow, onwards and upwards. I'll ride with anybody so long as they show up on time for breakfast. I'm never in any hurry. Experienced and inexperienced are welcome alike. I enjoy pavement and off-pavement, but don't need to do both on any particular ride. I'm happy either way, whatever the group decides. If a newbie needs a chaperone, I'm happy with that too, so long as the group settles on a plan over breakfast.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I hate when work gets in the way of riding. Saw a lot of bikes out today and all of them looked like they were having a better time than me.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I am in most sundays and any Saturday I have not booked OT at work...

I lean a little more towards riding to where the dirt starts and then heading up the mountain so to speak.

I am hoping to do the Gold Bridge Loop this summer if I can drum up some others...

·
Registered
65 Posts
I will keep my eye on this thread to stay in the loop about upcoming meetings/rides. Put some Kms on fooling around Squamish area this past weekend...awfully nice weather for February!

·
Premium Member
2,540 Posts
I am in most sundays and any Saturday I have not booked OT at work...

I lean a little more towards riding to where the dirt starts and then heading up the mountain so to speak.

I am hoping to do the Gold Bridge Loop this summer if I can drum up some others...
The Hurley Pass is pretty gnarly. I did it two-up a few years back. Don't think I'd try that again with a passenger. It was all fist-sized rocks. It is a beautiful ride though.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
MEET AND RIDE SUNDAY MARCH 8 11:00am

Let's meet and go for a ride!

Sunday March 8, meet at Tim Hortons 19875 96th ave North Langley (south end of Golden Ears bridge, there is another TM just west of here)

It may be a bit chilly first thing, so I propose we meet at 11:00. Have a quick coffee, then do a little Fraser Valley loop (Langley, Abbotsford, Mission, Maple Ridge). We can stop for a late lunch along the route.

http://goo.gl/maps/UR12X

If you have never done these Fraser Valley back roads, you might be suprised how good they are.

Weather dependent - Always open for suggestions / changes!

Cheers,
Bryan

1 - 20 of 58 Posts