StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 321 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am giving some serious thought to setting up a V-Strom Owners Club for riders in the SW Ontario region and I wanted to guage whether there would be enough interest.
My initial thoughts are to have either a monthly or semi-monthly meet and greet at a venue somewhere in the Kitchener area, possibly "A Vicious Cycle" in New Dundee where we could share stories and ideas as they relate to V-Stroms and motorcycling. I hope that some of these meetings could be set up as tech days to learn how to do maintenance on our bikes, group rides, bbq's, etc.... An then in the winter months we could probably move the venue to a restuarant or something.
So what do you think, would you be interested? I am open to suggestions on how to develop this.
I am initially thinking that Saturday mornings would work best, as A Vicious Cycle would be open during this time and people could probably make the trip to pick up any gear they need too - that way we would have time for late morning or afternoon rides as well.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I would be interested in joining the group. Always a good time shooting the sh*t with other Strommers.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I'm not exactly in the SW but am interested, could make a few meetings and group rides. I am currently a CVMG member but the group doesn't really ride. It would be great to see a group of v strommers getting together and planning rides long and short.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Id be interested.
One of the main reasons i surf this forum is to meet and ride with like minded people.
I'm in Acton, so not far at all.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've also got a 2200 sq ft heated shop just North of Acton.
Full of general automotive tools and a car/motorcycle hoist.
Might be a good destination for a meet/install day.
I'm no motorcycle expert but learning as i go.
Darrin

·
Registered
263 Posts
I would be interested. My work schedule doesn't allow me to have every weekend off. I would attend if time permits if that is ok.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
...or...just start

Pick a Tim's and a time. See who attends. Go for a ride an hour later. Post some pictures. Set the next date and time (essential step!).

You might get three people out. It might grow from there. It might not, but there's nothing to lose and only the potential for gain.

·
Registered
314 Posts
...or...just start

Pick a Tim's and a time. See who attends. Go for a ride an hour later. Post some pictures. Set the next date and time (essential step!).

You might get three people out. It might grow from there. It might not, but there's nothing to lose and only the potential for gain.
+1. Just pick a date, time and location and go from there.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
So lets do a meet and ride before the weather reminds us that winter is just around the corner... There are some great roads down near Paris and the Grand River area.... As a suggestion there are 2 Tims in Paris area we could meet at...

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've also got a 2200 sq ft heated shop just North of Acton.
Full of general automotive tools and a car/motorcycle hoist.
Might be a good destination for a meet/install day.
I'm no motorcycle expert but learning as i go.
Darrin
That's great Darrin, we may want to take you up on your offer for tech days.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, interest is building - lets do a meet and greet next Saturday August 7th around 9:30 hopefully this gives riders from Toronto and St. Catherines enough time to make it.

We can meet at A Vicious Cycle in New Dundee.
1166 Queen Street, New Dundee. I beleive there is a diner right next door too, if anyone wants to do breakfast.

I figure we can meet up shoot the sh#t for a bit and then go for a ride?

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm in. Hopefully you guys won't mind if my 11 year old riding buddy comes along. She ridden more miles than most Harley guys I know. :green_lol:

1 - 20 of 321 Posts