StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone else get a letter from the state of NJ saying motorcycle inspections are no longer required? I got something I think said that but cant believe it.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm I remember hearing there would be an end to car inspections. But not to emissions testing. In fact that is now an "inspection" as I understand it. An emissions test. But thanks and it sure is weird to discontinue inspections. In the long run I dont want to be on the road with others peoples idea of what constitutes a "safe" vehicle. Let alone their driving!

·
Registered
33 Posts
NJ inspections

Amazing....an emission test but no safety inspection coupled with the mentality of the average distracted cage driver.
Very scary!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Emission is federal, the state cant get around that, but the rest of the car the state can dictate what happens. From what I have read, the possible increase of accidents caused by cars not being inspected, is justifiable when compared to overall cost to the state for the inspections. Correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm wondering what my money is going to then. They are tho, going to ticket you if they find out that the crash could have been prevented by a inspection finding a problem.

I know at least motorcycles they are easy to take care of and will not give you any problems if you use common sense and keep everything in check. But i'm sure that there are a few that are joyful of this that now they don't need to pay for this, nor care about this anymore.

Not that there are not people out there doing that now.. we just said that its ok.. oh well..

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are tho, going to ticket you if they find out that the crash could have been prevented by a inspection finding a problem.

Another revenue stream for cash strapped municipalities like radar traps.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Did any one also notice that the letter also states to remove the registration sticker from your plate along with the inspection sticker? I'm thinking that might not be a good idea. Will every LEO also be aware of this? :confused:

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I idd see that and Im not taking it off either! But I imagine they DO know all about it. If I do I'll keep the letter with me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts