StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a set of CL-855s, and they look like they'll do the job just fine for what I intend...but I have a question for the forum:

The Vee has VERY effective heat shields on the mufflers, so I'm not concerned about melting anything, as I don't currently have racks on the bike. How are you ing the bottoms of the bags down so they don't move? Do I need to get their "accessory strap"?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have a 13 wee, so not quite the same, but I made a bracket for the left side and let the right hang over the muffler, used the supplied straps to tie to passenger foot pegs on the front and the license plate frame on the rear.

Note: I put some heavier rear in the right bag at one time causing it to "slump" down slightly. It did melt the heat guard on the back of the bag when it touched the muffler where the heat shield stopped. I thought I was good too, so be cautious.

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
The 855's come with a removable heat shield on the back of both bags and yes, you will need the accessory straps/buckles to tie down the lower corners of the bags.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Picked up a set of CL-855s, and they look like they'll do the job just fine for what I intend...but I have a question for the forum:

The Vee has VERY effective heat shields on the mufflers, so I'm not concerned about melting anything, as I don't currently have racks on the bike. How are you ing the bottoms of the bags down so they don't move? Do I need to get their "accessory strap"?

My .02... Don't use soft bags without racks. If one gets sucked into the wheel, bad things.

PMR makes nice affordable racks.

Dan Vessel makes a rack/bag support just for the left side.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Timely question. I have the NR adventure bags, and I don't know if they are the same setup. I attached the front straps to the passenger pegs and the rear straps around the fender and to each other. However, I just did this and haven't ridden the bike yet. I've got a 700 mile ride on Thursday, so I figure that will be a good test. Of course, it will suck if they aren't set up right!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts