StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Motorcyclists are renowned for ingenious rigging, Strommers are probably towards the top of that curve. So, I'm thinking there are probably some great ideas out there among you for attaching flags to Vees/Wees for riding on certain holidays, in parades, or generally when you want to be patriotic or show support.

So, if you have a clever idea for attaching your flag, post up, and of course, photos work wonders for conveying the message.

Thanks all, happy riding,
:patriot:

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
:confused:Would they allow a strom in a parade?

·
Administrator
17,518 Posts
I dont ride a Harley or a Goldwing, maybe a sticker makes more sense?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm proud to be an American and love my country, but I just can't see myself riding around on my imported Vee, flying an American flag on the tail. Just doesn't seem right....

·
Registered
664 Posts
Do you have racks for hard side cases? That might be your easiest bet.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Never done it personally, but I might try attaching it to a side case rack with hand full of hose clamps.

PS, fly that flag brother, whatever flag you choose!

·
Evolving Curmudgeon
1,119 Posts
Flags and stuffed animals on bikes aint for me but if you just gotta do it there are lots of motorcycle specific flag poles/holders on the market. Google it.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I made a nice flag mount as I asked this before. Nice metal bars that came out form the left and right side of the mount for the givi after market top rack. Then a rod on each going up held on by a screw.

But it did not last to ling and I apologize to the guy on the qew who has a metal rod with a Canadian flag sticking out of there tire, my bad. the thing vibrated a bit, the metal bars flexed basically. This must have snapped off the screw head as the thing has red lock tight on it. And well ya went to cross border are friend in my group asked where my Canadian flag was, opps

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
Yes, you can ride a Vee in a parade.

·
Registered
22,321 Posts
personally, I'm not a flag waiver, I have no problem with people that do like to display there patriotism, (I assume thats the reason people display flags)

It does however get out of hand, not long after 911, I had someone insist I was unpatriotic cause I didn't want a flag hung off my SV650, not long after that, I was riding along a 4lane divided highway, heavy traffic, some moron in a lifted pickup truck overtakes me @ about 75mph, hes got a Burger King size flag on a 10 foot mast bolted to the bed of hos truck, the flag @ 75mph you can imagine how much it was flappin, the mast was bowed, not sure how much it would take to snap and go thru someones windshield, the flag tearing and wrappin around whateve was follong behind was a distinct posibility, I distances myself from him as quickly as I could

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
555 Posts
I'm proud to be an American and love my country, but I just can't see myself riding around on my imported Vee, flying an American flag on the tail. Just doesn't seem right....
Do you keep your bike hidden in the garage? It's not like you're unamerican for riding an imported bike (I know there are ignorant wretches who would disagree, but they're morons). Most vehicles, even if they are assembled here are made up of a good percentage of foreign parts.

Just sayin' fly that flag if you want to (the flag itself has a good chance of being imported :jawdrop:)

·
Registered
135 Posts
:confused:Would they allow a strom in a parade?
I rode in the Long Beach Pride Parade a couple of weeks ago. Not only did they allow me in the parade, I was almost at the head of the pack - first were the executive of the motorcycle club that was invited to lead the parade, then me in collar and stole.

As I rode the route I kept blessing the crowds... gotta tell ya, the Pope doesn't know what he is missing, a Wee is way cooler than the popemobile he rides in. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I rode in the Long Beach Pride Parade a couple of weeks ago. Not only did they allow me in the parade, I was almost at the head of the pack - first were the executive of the motorcycle club that was invited to lead the parade, then me in collar and stole.

As I rode the route I kept blessing the crowds... gotta tell ya, the Pope doesn't know what he is missing, a Wee is way cooler than the popemobile he rides in. :thumbup:
LOL! Awesome! Ironically, I purchased my Vee from a priest. You and him are the only two priests I've ever heard of owning motorcycles (although I'm sure there are plenty more in warmer climates... In Michigan, I suspect riding clergy are rare as it's quite a luxury)

·
Registered
341 Posts
LOL! Awesome! Ironically, I purchased my Vee from a priest. You and him are the only two priests I've ever heard of owning motorcycles (although I'm sure there are plenty more in warmer climates... In Michigan, I suspect riding clergy are rare as it's quite a luxury)
My friend is a priest (or reverand?) and he rides too. When we go out riding it's...Suzuki/Honda/priest/atheist combo.....:confused:

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
More topic drift, but Reverendbiker's Home Page used to be a big contributor here (iirc). His site is still quite useful.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts