Strom Trooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put an Atlas on my 08 Wee recently and followed the directions carefully. To allow for proper spacing, I am using one of the thin contact pads on the lock.The directions said to loosen the screw on the top clamp enough so that by pushing the release button, the throttle would close. I had to loosen the screw so much to make this happen that the engage/disengage buttons would rotate towards the ground as I rode. I would have to use my hand to rotate the whole mechanism upwards and then attempt to set the lock with the engage button. Atlas said that I should have mounted the lock with the buttons facing upwards (not in the instructions) to allow for throttle rotation and then engage the button when it is facing the rear of the bike. I had it mounted with the buttons facing the back on the bike at the time the throttle was closed.

Can anyone that has one of these and is using it successfully give me some feedback as to where your buttons are facing with a closed throttle? I am trying to figure out if I need to ditch this thing and try another route.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts