StromTrooper banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I will warn any fellow bikers that I see in the next few minutes (with a head pat). BUT I do not warn squids. ill let them speed on by and get a ticket. I'm not militant about gear (Im an ATGATT rider) but people who I feel give riders a bad name get no help from me. Oh, if you're wearing a jacket and helmet and your girl is on the back in a tshirt and shorts...I won't even wave at you.

·
Registered
435 Posts
About a mile, maybe two, depending on the situation. I do the helmet tap to other motorcyclists or the high-beam flash for people in cars/trucks. Irks my @ss when I see a cop sitting on the side of the road just waiting to ruin someone's day when they could be doing almost anything else much more helpful to earn their paycheck that my tax money is paying for. I once flashed my brights in my car to warn oncoming traffic that a cop was sitting on the side of the road eating donuts waiting for them and it turned out that one of the oncoming cars was another cop. He shook his finger at me as he went by to let me know he saw what I was doing but that's all he did. Fortunately he was on his way to join the other cop to share some donuts so he didn't take the time to pull me over. WINNING!!!!! :thumbup:

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Here in the Great North State you must move over or slow down when the police are on the side of the road. I think one should warn oncoming traffic for at least 5 miles ahead, obviously for the officers' safety and not to warn people of a exploitative revenue collection detail.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Here in the Great North State you must move over or slow down when the police are on the side of the road. I think one should warn oncoming traffic for at least 5 miles ahead, obviously for the officers' safety and not to warn people of a exploitative revenue collection detail.
Yes, of course that's what I meant when I said I would "warn" others. Just for the sole purpose of making sure everything was as safe as it could be by giving riders/drivers plenty of time to get extra alert and slow down some just to make things safer. That's the ticket. Pun intended. :mrgreen:

21 - 25 of 25 Posts