StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Moderating in moderation
621 Posts
OK I'll bite my question is why are you asking us to ask you anything? :confused:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Don't give up so easily. I was just playing around. How about a bunch of detailed photos to get things going? There is interest in the new bike. Is yours the newest Dl1000 model? I thought the new updated model was going to be a 2018 year?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes. It's latest one there is. DL1000. It's 2017 not 2018 as some articles say it.
It also has genuine crash bars. Center stand.

Don't give up so easily. I was just playing around. How about a bunch of detailed photos to get things going? There is interest in the new bike. Is yours the newest Dl1000 model? I thought the new updated model was going to be a 2018 year?

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
402 Posts
Nice looking Strom! I see you've added some serious luggage... Just curious if the bike came with the (smallish) panniers as the U. S. 14-16 Adventure model did. What country are you in?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm from Greece. No it came without panniers.
The luggage is from kappa. The K-venture. The top bos is 58lt. The side is 37lt each.

Nice looking Strom! I see you've added some serious luggage... Just curious if the bike came with the (smallish) panniers as the U. S. 14-16 Adventure model did. What country are you in?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
This is a good subject and I see no reason to delete it. There aren't many around yet and having a Greek example can help to see if there are differences between the USA and Euro spec bikes for example. It's nice to have an owner to go to with questions. Thank you for the offer.

·
Administrator
5,767 Posts
Welcome Mario. Ignore the stirrers.

Have you ridden earlier V-Stroms at all? Most would probably appreciate knowing about the new model improvements. :smile2:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hello. Yes. I owned an 2008 650 abs.
So the difference imo is day and night.
The balance is much better and the center of gravity seems lower. But it's also ver different from the its little brother the new dl650 which had the opportunity to test ride it a week before buying mine.
I can snap more photos tomorrow. And show you some more changes they have made.
Also the riding seat is much more comfortable than what I remember from the 2014 dl1000 which I test ride also about a year ago. The seat is more narrow and your legs feel better and you can reach down easier.

Welcome Mario. Ignore the stirrers.

Have you ridden earlier V-Stroms at all? Most would probably appreciate knowing about the new model improvements.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,352 Posts
As far as the 2017 vs 2018 model year goes, Greece and other countries may designate year models differently. There are 2018 model year vehicles sold in the US right now, maybe not this particular bike. In the US the VIN, specifically the 10th digit or place in the VIN is what legally marks the year model.

I am glad to see these hit the market. We'll see if there are updates that improve the bike.

Is the windshield mounting exactly the same as the 2014-2016 models? Same bolt pattern?

1 - 20 of 78 Posts