Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my country there isn't a big diference about DL1000 and DL650
the prices in chile are: (in dollars)

DL650 normal 2007: US$7.015
DL650 ABS 2007: US$ 7.462
DL1000 normal 2007 : US$ 8.151

I want to ask you which one do you think to buy with this prices?

If I buy the DL650 i need to buy some accesories to protect the motorcycle. The prices are:

Handguard : 60 euros
motor defense: 313 euros
central stand: 185 euros

My idea is travel with my pillon (my wife), I'm not a sport biker, I want to make some daytrip (300 km) and some day travel to Patagonia with my motorcycle club. I enjoy the touring trip so much. I wont' use my motorcycle to go to work.
I read a lot of forum about the diferences between two bikes but the diferences about the prices is an important point of view.

what do you think about? which one do you think i need to buy ?
thanks

sorry for my english!
Negro_Negro confused :oops:

·
Registered
44 Posts
If it were me I'd get the 650 ABS. I intend to replace my regular 650 with the ABS model soon as its available.

From my own accident experiences, I've concluded the ABS can keep me off the pavement more than any other refinement of skills or hardware.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Sounds like a 650 might fit well. I travel with the SO on board and no lack of power or comfort. As for cost for a WEE or VEE, look to the future. Will you be paying more for insurance, gas, license with a 1000 instead of a 650. If that is a concern then take a serious look at the 650. If possible try to get a ride on both bikes to compare them. Best of luck.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
650 abs is the way to go ,plenty of power for what you want to do .Safety of abs only has to save you ONCE and you will never complain .The 1000 with a bit of work may be a faster bike but who needs the small percentage extra speed when you have your wife aboard ??.

Remeber if you have an accident with your wife aboard who will look after you or the children ? That's why you have girlfriends for , they make great riding companions.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Like these other kind gents put it, I think for the level that you are also mentioning; go for the 650 w/ABS. First though I would try them both and see which you feel more comfortable with since you are so lucky to have them at those prices.

Oye mi Negro, dale samba y gozate el colazo :D

Frank

·
Registered
79 Posts
NEGRO_NEGRO said:
In my country there isn't a big diference about DL1000 and DL650
the prices in chile are: (in dollars)

DL650 normal 2007: US$7.015
DL650 ABS 2007: US$ 7.462
DL1000 normal 2007 : US$ 8.151

I want to ask you which one do you think to buy with this prices?

I want to make some daytrip (300 km) and some day travel to Patagonia with my motorcycle club.
what do you think about? which one do you think i need to buy ?
thanks

sorry for my english!
Negro_Negro confused :oops:
Negro,

If you want to be doing more than 140km/h all day long with a passenger and luggage get the 1000, if not the 650 with ABS is the answer.

No te preocupes por tu ingles, yo tambien estoy luchando con el mio.

saludos.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts