StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Y'all!

I know that its a little late coming but its time again for the Pediatric Brian Tumor Foundation annual charity ride in Asheville, NC. The ride will be on Sunday the 29th leaving from the Biltmore Square Mall in Asheville. The ride will take us on the BRP for a short jaunt, we'll make it past Chimney Rock to end at Lake Lure, NC.

The registration starts at 7:00 AM and ends at 8:45. It costs $35 to register for the ride but the more money you raise the more premiums you can earn.

I'm not affiliated with the organization at all but I'll be riding with the group again this year. I'll be on my 09' Silver Wee with my Orange Olympia Jacket and Black helmet. If you're in the neighborhood, please stop by and say hey!

If you'd like more information about the ride and Organization here's the website.

http://www.pbtfus.org/rideforkids/calendar/2010/asheville.html

Thanks everyone!

Anthony

·
Registered
181 Posts
August 29th - Ride for Kids -Asheville, NC

My younger brother (a brain tumor survivor) and I will be riding in it again as well this year. Come out and join us!

Strominroman are you going to be there this year. I believe my brother and I are heading up to Asheville either Friday evening or Saturday morning. I wouldn't mind hitting up a few more twisty side roads like we did last year. My brother won't be able to do any dirt though. His bike only likes twisty pavement.

Fletch

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
My younger brother (a brain tumor survivor) and I will be riding in it again as well this year. Come out and join us!

Strominroman are you going to be there this year. I believe my brother and I are heading up to Asheville either Friday evening or Saturday morning. I wouldn't mind hitting up a few more twisty side roads like we did last year. My brother won't be able to do any dirt though. His bike only likes twisty pavement.

Fletch
Give me a holler, I'll PM my info.
I think I might be able to swing a little something.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Asheville RFK

Excellent showing today at the RFK Asheville ride which raised $117,000. You couldn't have asked for a nicer day. I seen two other stroms in attendance besides myself. I believe one of them was dakotasdad and the other was a flat black 650 with knobbies, cb radio, and a few other accessories. Hate that I didn't catch up with you both to chat. Hope you enjoyed the ride though!

Fletch

·
Registered
285 Posts
I was wondering what was going on. I was out for a morning ride and was stopped at the red light by the police while all the bikes were turning left onto 191. I saw a somebody driving a Strom wearing a hi viz orange jacket. That was a great turnout. Wished I'd known about it earlier. :thumbup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah guys, it was a great turnout again this year! Like Fletchstrom said, the ride raised over $117,000 for the organization which was a great success!

And ditto on the weather, what a fantastic day for a ride!

I did see 3 other stroms there, a silver blue one with Givi luggage, the black 650 with the knobbies and I think I saw Fletchstrom's 1k there too. Was it red?

Asheville Thumper, that was me!

And its funny, with a crowd that large its really hard to hook up with the fellow strommers since we're so scattered about in the crowd. Maybe next year we can try to rendevous so we can cruise together?

I had a great time and it appears that all others in attendance did as well.

Be safe everyone
Anthony

·
Registered
181 Posts
RFK fundraiser ride

Yep. Mine's a maroon 06' 1k w/ Two brothers exhaust. :)

My younger brother Travis was the last kid (young man) to the right on stage who talked about his bike (Kawi ZR-7). He really surprised me this weekend rather than scaring me as he has in the past. Stromin'Nromin, Norm's wife, Travis, and myself went for a ride on Saturday evening south of Asheville. Travis has really gotten smooth in the curves considering the surgery for his tumor, chemo, and radiation has taken a toll on his balance. You really couldn't tell when he's on his bike. I was proud of him. I just had to share w/ you all.

I'll make a point next year to announce the ride in advance and get a list of interested Strommers. We'll meet and ride in together.

Take care,
Fletch

Yeah guys, it was a great turnout again this year! Like Fletchstrom said, the ride raised over $117,000 for the organization which was a great success!

And ditto on the weather, what a fantastic day for a ride!

I did see 3 other stroms there, a silver blue one with Givi luggage, the black 650 with the knobbies and I think I saw Fletchstrom's 1k there too. Was it red?

Asheville Thumper, that was me!

And its funny, with a crowd that large its really hard to hook up with the fellow strommers since we're so scattered about in the crowd. Maybe next year we can try to rendevous so we can cruise together?

I had a great time and it appears that all others in attendance did as well.

Be safe everyone
Anthony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts