StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks , if you have been wanting to do a Toy Run and have been to busy , here's another chance . This is a copied and pasted post from another forum . I am only assuming that The Hendersonville,NC CMA chapter 520 is hosting ( NOT sponsoring ) this Toy Run .
CMA Fast Lane Rep from the Hendersonville Chapter 520 , David Oates posted this in the other forum .

PO

DEC 6 - Asheville, NC - SMOKY MOUNTAIN TOY RUN - For Americans who need from Americans who care! Rain or snow date Sunday December 7th. Gate opens at 10:00 a.m. and parade starts at 1:00 p.m. Admission: Unwrapped toy worth $10 or more or $10 donation. Music - 5th annual chili cook-off (10:00 a.m. until noon) START LOCATION: South Charlotte Street (adjacent to T.K. Tripps Restaurant) in downtown Asheville, NC Police escourted ride will travel through Beaucatcher Tunnel on US Hwy 70 to Parkway Harley-Davidson in Swannanoa. Proceeds to benefit the Salvation Army. If you use a GPS come to these coordinates: N35 35.836 W082 32.766 and you can't miss the meeting place. Coordinates are in Degrees, Decimal Minutes format.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Toy run success

Ok folks , Asheville, NC toy run seems to have been a grand success . I have no idea of the number of riders that showed , but the toy pile was MASSIVE to say the least . Hard to imagine a kid not being able to know what another humans generosity can feel like .
Lot's of great folks and having time to speak with everyone was quite difficult . Good rider stories and and a passle of stretched truths to be heard . There was more Stroms there than I thought there would be . I ran across John .... the StromTrooper I met at the Hendersonville Toy Run and he was in good spirits and ready to ride .
I just wish the StromTrooper sorts could have all organized and rode in and lined up together . If you ride to that Toy Run , you just get put in line with not much choice of a staging area to wait and see who else is coming . Makes it tough to throw together a pile of Stroms at last minute .
I ran across a Lady Trooper and mentioned to her the forums here and encouraged her to introduce herself to the StromSisters here in the forums . I got so wrapped up in just talking to folks , I really didn't take but a few photos . Sort of odd how the Strom's personality is . I can't tell you the number of times someone walked up and pointed at the Dragon Lady 1000 and said , " is that your Strom , how do you like it " ?
Yeah yeah , yackity yack , I told them all just how much I am in love with the thing . It was even funnier when I'd be standing there talking to someone that had asked that question , and up would walk another to ask the same thing . Gotta love the Stroms . Anyway , I am hoping we have added a StromSister . Our StromSisters need some show of force in here for sure .
Rumor has it that there was one 2 bike wreck . Not sure what caused it , but mishaps were at a minimum . Everyone seemed to have a great time with two small incedences that were a bit of an irritant to most who saw it were .... One drag race in the tunnel seemed to really irritate folks pretty good . Sounded like to HD ape hanger setups held up traffic at the mouth of the tunnel and then felt compelled to drag race through it . Aside from that , the 4 guys directly behind where I had my Strom parked puffing on a reefer at the staging area , seemed to irritate allot of folks as well . Looks like those guys could have waited until the Toy Run was over , and or at least go to the bushes instead of standing in the middle of the road in front of families and the sort . As myself , most really didn't care that they were puffin' on a reefer , just the wrong place and wrong time . Some parents were a little less than impressed when there kids saw it going on .
From that , what a great event and here are my two lame pics . I think the pics reflect about 1/3 of the number of bikes that were actually there .

PO

Attachments

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Would liked to have joined you but I had to get ready for a Christmas party we're hosting for the Golden Retriever Rescue. I was hoping this all would have been done while I was in Atlanta but no luck.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would liked to have joined you but I had to get ready for a Christmas party we're hosting for the Golden Retriever Rescue. I was hoping this all would have been done while I was in Atlanta but no luck.

Hey Norman ,

Those Goldens need a christmas too for sure . Now worries man . I ain't trying to sound like a saint or nothing , but I took some extra toys on behalf of the StromTroopers who wanted to make it but couldn't . Pet the canine crowd for us if you would .

Not sure if you have ever seen my Aussie Rescue site or not , but if not , here it is . www.aussiedogz.org

PO

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is another photo from the toy run that I bootlegged from WNCSte .

Can anyone say .......... " HI-VIZ " ..... Guess who that is that you can SEE in this photo .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts