StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to the Strom forum. I've had my DL650 for 4 months now. Absolutely love it. Would like to meet other troopers in the area for some ridding!

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Welcome,

I might be trying to put a ride together late in August or early September. There are quite a few 'Stroms in the area as you've probably noticed.

Norm

·
Registered
184 Posts
I live in Charlotte, but I have family in the Asheville area. I am looking for an opportunity to do a ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway. If something gets set up count me in. I've had my wee for 3 weeks and love it.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Let me know what kind of riding y'all would like to do and I'll see what I can finagle over the next couple of weeks.

Glad to show my fellow Tarheel 'Troopers around the mountains.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi rileyspiller,

If you are free on weekends let me know. Weather permitting I will be ridding around this weekend. Perhaps we can put something together. We'll see who else joins.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got a hall pass for 8/16. Could put some paved twisties together on short notice. I'll leave the 50/50 dirt /pavement to Norm, he knows the dirt roads roads better. Let me know if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sounds great, I'd love to get together for a ride! This weekend doesn't work for me as I'll be up in Raleigh as a support rider for a big cycling event. But the next weekend should be free!

I'd love to see some of the beautiful views this beautiful area has to offer. Coming from the mid-west I'm not used to these maintains.

R

·
0 Posts
Yea we need to start riding more together. Right now I ride with abunch of harley guys cause that is all that I work with. I work 12 hr swings so my schedule is a little messed up. I am working this weekend but am off the next two. Can anyone do a mid week ride. B/c that is when I am most likely to ride. Weekends are usually spent with the family. Let me know tho and I might be able to slip away for a half a day or something.

RR

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Yea we need to start riding more together. Right now I ride with abunch of harley guys cause that is all that I work with. I work 12 hr swings so my schedule is a little messed up. I am working this weekend but am off the next two. Can anyone do a mid week ride. B/c that is when I am most likely to ride. Weekends are usually spent with the family. Let me know tho and I might be able to slip away for a half a day or something.

RR
I'll be meeting up with Rileyspiller on his way up from Greenville to an ADVrider dinner in East Asheville on Thursday.

If anybody wants to join, you're welcome, I'll be happy to RSVP for you on ADVrider if you're not a member.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7618411#post7618411

See posts #527 and #531.

Norm

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
off to ny

I'm off to the finger lakes and adirondacks via VA, WV, PA. leaving forest city on friday pm meet the other folks @ jefferson nc. as long as the weather is not tooooo bad, should be gone for a week and half. nothing too adventourous; 350 miles per day on secondary/back/dirt roads. if the forming ride happens before i get back, have fun. if it is later, i'll join in.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tail of the dragon/Cherohala Skyway Weekend Aug 23rd?

Hey folks,

Any interest in ridding the dragon/ Cherohala Skyway on the weekend of Aug 23rd? It would be fun weather permitting to get a group together.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Johndre,

There's plenty of interest on my part.

Just not much time, gotta make hay while the sun shines.

Anyways, it was great to meet you and Riley tonight.

I thought that was you passing me on I-240, but it was yet another 'Strom, this place is lousy with them.

I'll be in touch.

Norm

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Great Meeting you guys

Norm and Riley,

It was great meeting you guys. Hope we can get together for a ride soon. Thanks for a great time.

Johndre

·
Registered
86 Posts
It was great to meet you guys too... we'll have to do some more riding. I really enjoyed that. Seems like there are some great guys in the area.

Norm is great tour guide, btw. Seems to know this area really well!

I didn't get any good pics, but here's the couple I snapped:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Brand Spanken new V-strom owner

I just purchased a used DL1000 tonight. Looken for people to ride with that can show me what these things are capable of doing.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Welcome,

I'm busy this weekend.

Maybe we can put somethng together next weekend.

Stay tuned.

Norm

1 - 20 of 29 Posts