StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems a few of us are from WNC. Anyone interested in a Asheville area meet and greet?

Maybe meet somewhere for breakfast (Cracker Barrel) and then a ride or ride and then lunch etc?

Ken

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Seems a few of us are from WNC. Anyone interested in a Asheville area meet and greet?

Maybe meet somewhere for breakfast (Cracker Barrel) and then a ride or ride and then lunch etc?

Ken
Ken,

Sounds good to me.
Any date or time in mind?

BTW, my band ("Flock of Pickers" nom du jour) is playing tonight (5/27) in Brevard from 5-9 pm on the Roof Garden at French Broad place.

Bearhunterdan will be there, Bahill was going to be, but he had bike problems.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Sounds like a great idea. I'll monitor the post for a date. I work retail so I usually miss out most of these rides but I am off June 3rd Fri, 5th Sun and 11th Sat. if any of those dates would work.

Tim

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sounds like fun. Although I now live in the northern 'burbs of Atlanta, I'm originally from Asheville and usually get back home a couple times a month.... I'll keep watch on the thread....

·
Registered
503 Posts
Ken,

Sounds good to me.
Any date or time in mind?

BTW, my band ("Flock of Pickers" nom du jour) is playing tonight (5/27) in Brevard from 5-9 pm on the Roof Garden at French Broad place.

Bearhunterdan will be there, Bahill was going to be, but he had bike problems.
Yep, real sorry I missed it Norm. Bikes in the shop now and I'll make it up there as soon as I can reschedule.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The evening (after 3pm) of June 3rd or anytime the 5th is good. The 11th my son is getting married!

Ken

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm voting for the 5th Sun. Anybody else? Meet for breakfast, go for a ride, eat some more and ride some more.:mrgreen:

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I'm voting for the 5th Sun. Anybody else? Meet for breakfast, go for a ride, eat some more and ride some more.:mrgreen:
I'm in, unless they suddenly start allowing motorcycles at Sea Pines on Hilton Head.

I may need a riminder.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Assuming that it's going to be me (Etowah, NC), Darkstang (Maggie Valley) and Appalachian (Traveller's Rest, SC) some place in the middle like perhaps the Mills Riber Family Restauarant in Mills River, NC at the intersection of Highways 191 and 280?

If Bearhunterdan and WNCrider want to attend it's close to them, not far for AshevilleThumper and a few others who's names escape me.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
How does 9:00 AM sound? Since this is so close to my house, it gives me a chance to get a couple of hundred consolation miles in before breakfast.

Mills River Restaurant About Us

I know a couple of lousy roads in the neighborhood.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Looking forward to this. I'll try and look at some maps on my day off. Does anyone have suggestions, recommendations, likes, dislikes, or check off list that they want to possibly see included?

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Looking forward to this. I'll try and look at some maps on my day off. Does anyone have suggestions, recommendations, likes, dislikes, or check off list that they want to possibly see included?
I could plan a day's ride on backroads around Henderson, Buncombe and Transylvania Counties. We could do all paved, a tasteful blend, do some scenic stops, waterfalls, overlooks, etc.

I spoke to WNCrider (Brevard, NC) he'll be there. He'll probably chime in here soon. Bearhunterdan (Horseshoe, NC) might be there, but he's on the injured reseve list.

I'll PM AshevilleThumper (Asheville, Naturally), TimHines (Bryson City, NC), MikeD (Walhalla, SC) and whoever else I can think of.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Stromin' is trying to throw me off....his PM said 9PM! That is a late breakfast!

I'm a tentative go for this. Pretty sure I know where that restaurant is. Isn't it at the intersection in Mills River where there is also a gas station and a food lion or something like that across the street?

1 - 20 of 126 Posts