Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Maxi Race-Tech aluminium "Dark" silencer with carby end cap

Maxi Race-Tech aluminium silencer with carby end cap

Maxi Race-Tech titanium silencer with carby end cap

Arrow Special Parts

·
Administrator
17,520 Posts
Arrow makes top notch stuff, pricey.......but top notch.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Hope it sounds better than this one:

DL 1000 V-Strom Arrow - YouTube

especially when compared to the stock one:

Soundcheck Suzuki V-Strom 1000 - Modell 2014 - YouTube
I agree the stock can sounds better. But could it be a function of the microphone used maybe? I think the Arrow also has a removable dB killer as well. It sure looks better and is probably a lot lighter. Anyway, there will be other brands coming out soon, so the stock anvil can be removed and replaced.

·
Registered
270 Posts
One nice thing is it's only ONE can, not two. That can be a nice price reduction right there. Waiting for a Akrapovic or StainTune to chime in any day now...

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
It has my two thumbs up for aesthetics appeal. :thumbup:

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
I think the black one looks the slimmest and that any one of them looks pretty good. I'd probably go with the aluminum for the contrast, but I'd be taking a look at other brands too because these still look a little fatter than I would prefer. Maybe it has to be that way for emissions now.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Any idea if the Arrow Exhaust fits like the stock exhaust under the stock side cases on the ADV version?...
I would be amazed if it didn't fit. Not only is it smaller than the stock unit, Arrow would be foolish to market it otherwise, and I don't think they are.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I would be amazed if it didn't fit. Not only is it smaller than the stock unit, Arrow would be foolish to market it otherwise, and I don't think they are.
Only reason I asked, was that when Dale at Holeshot designed the pipe for the new Bandit "with" bags, it was at a lower angle than the bag-"less" version. Video didn't sound too different, but that black looked wicked cool.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Arrow also has full header systems:Arrow Special Parts

Both a "street" with Catalytic Converter, and a "racing" version. It's difficult to see in the pictures, but I think these also eliminate the butterfly exhaust valve.

Who's going to be the Guinea Pig?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts