StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to head down that way and just looking for some advice as to where/when to ride. I want to do it in the spring. Love twisties with a little bit of dirt/gravel thrown in. Coming quite a way, so anything in the NE of the state would be preferred. Any suggestions? Anybody want to meet up for a weekend of riding??

·
Registered
55 Posts
Been to Arkansas before? Best stuff is going to be around Mtn View and westward across the Ozarks. I'd certainly be glad to hook up with ya if I'm free. Mtn view not far from me. Lots of dual sport rides going on thru spring though...

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never been riding in Arkansas. I've been told there is some great stuff there. What is the earliest you would recommend for a riding/camping trip? I don't mind it to be a bit cold, just don't want to be scraping frost off the screen. I will arrive on a Friday evening and leaving on Monday morning.

·
Registered
203 Posts
My mother has a vacation home in the Eureka Springs area. I've ridden down to there twice now. Usually I take 54 to 65 or MO13. I avoid driving through St. Louis like the plague. I haven't done much riding in the state but there are all sorts of routes that are locally famous. Pig Trail is the one that I've had plans to do both times I've been down there. But either scheduling didn't work out or I dropped my motorcycle into a ditch (that was a bad day).

Motorcycle Rides in Arkansas - Motorcycle Road Trip - Arkansas Motorcycling

At any rate, if you go down there I HIGHLY recommend checking out the Eureka Springs area. It's an oddball little town full of artists and hippies in the middle of the Ozarks. It's getting to be a little tourist trap-y lately but it's still really cool.

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
Never been riding in Arkansas. I've been told there is some great stuff there. What is the earliest you would recommend for a riding/camping trip? I don't mind it to be a bit cold, just don't want to be scraping frost off the screen. I will arrive on a Friday evening and leaving on Monday morning.
Might want to wait until April for temps, unsure about rain. Cross the Mississippi at Hannibal Mo and take 61 South to New London. Get on 19 South and you can follow it all the way to Arkansas if you choose. Two lane blacktop with some nice twisties south of St.louis. You won't be off the bike much in the time frame you have described. If you haven't already go over to ADV rider and check out Regional Forums for Arkansas. Helpful bunch of folks that have been known to share some good riding with us Yankees. Hope it's a good one. :thumbup: Agree with ArkieRider re: Mountain View if you have the time.

·
Registered
87 Posts
It's worth getting a Butler motorcycle map for that area even if you use a gps. There is really some good riding down there.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the tips. I am planning on leaving Peoria on a Thursday morning, taking two days to get there. Ride two days there and take two days to get home. If I need to shorten it up, I will leave there sometime Sunday afternoon in order to get home Monday night, but I doubt that will be the case. Hopefully, some Troopers will join me.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've been riding the northwest corner of AR for years. There is all day awesome twisties to be had. Plan more days!!!!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
New dates have me arriving in NW Arkansas before noon April 17 (camping suggestions?). Thinking about paddling the Buffalo - any suggestions? Gonna start heading back Monday afternoon. Why don't you join me (and probably my bro)?!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey BumbleV.... I hope you had a good ride. Wish I could have joined you. Had lots of bad storms around this weekend, especially Sunday, so hope you were able to find some shelter. Too bad you weren't down the weekend before for the AR500 ride. Friday, Saturday and Sunday weather was perfect. Maybe we can hook up next time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts