StromTrooper banner

Argh! Bottom front brace for dampners

791 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Dino M
Ummm... Anyone know any other bikes I can get the bottom dampener brace off of? I have pretty much everything back together and am having issues with straightening the forks. Unfortunately the bottom brace twisted in the crash too. :(

It's an 05
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
164 Posts
I think you are referring to the lower "triple tree". I would search eBay for a salvaged one...may have to be patient. Or Ron Ayers, Mr. Cycles, Bike Bandit, etc. for new...if its available, it will not be cheap.

From Ron Ayers:
1 51410-27G00 STEM,STEERING $414.66
9 51311-27G00 HEAD,STEERING S $203.74

I assume the lower triple tree comes with the stem pressed in already, as pictured.

· Registered
64 Posts
loosen the lower triple clamp both sides and try to straighten the front out put the wheel up against the wall and push the handelbars in the desired direction. Dont superman it but push and look to see if its actually working.

· FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,702 Posts
It would be very unusual for a triple clamp to bend and common for a fork tube. Are we talking about the part receiving the #8 bolt here?

· Premium Member
3,555 Posts
It would be very unusual for a triple clamp to bend and common for a fork tube...
Not as uncommon as you might think. I've bent a couple of them. :) You usually can't tell just by eyeballing it, having the front axle not go smoothly from one fork leg to the other is normally the first clue. Then you pull the triple off and set it on a flat surface, that tells you for sure.

· Registered
969 Posts
I have also bent a lower triple but most common is the fork tube. When I did bend the triple, it was actually the pivot tube that was bent and not the casting. Having access to a machine shop and a lot of measuring tools, I was able to straighten everything and never had a problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.