StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's getting really, really sludgy in that area again...but this time, it's wet. I took the front sprocket cover off and expected the usual hard-packed gunk. But, this time it was pretty juicy. Really, really jet black and wet. Not enough to have ever dropped to the garage floor, but pretty moist. The clutch fluid is 100% and has not dropped, so that's not leaking.

What am I looking at? I don't think it's all just fly off from the chain....as this is more, and wetter than I use...but, maybe? Again, nothing has dripped to the floor, even after sitting for a week. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
It'll be the clutch push rod seal if the hydraulic fluid isn't the leak.
However, make sure you're not losing clutch fluid. Don't trust the sight glass. Remove the master cyclinder cover and have a proper look.

My guess is your slave cylinder seal has failed. I've been through numerous slave seals over 100 000 kms, and I'm still on the original push rod seal.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts

·
Registered
22,310 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had a pretty annoying leak (I would pull up to a stoplight and have a cloud of white smoke from the oil dripping onto the exhaust) and I replaced both the clutch pushrod seal and the front sprocket oil seal. Totally fixed the problem, hasn't leaked a drop since. I would recommend getting a large torque wrench/breaker bar (if you don't have one) and the suzuki oil seal remover. It made life much much easier when removing the sprocket nut and the seal.

·
Administrator
17,206 Posts
Need to switch chain lube and or cleaning techniques first........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts