StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats what i said to the service manager at the Clearwater suzuki dealer today. when i asked about a valve check only on my dl650...OH, about 100$$.are you sure? for a dl650 ? Oh no, 150$$. again, are you sure? YES....
i thought the price was a little lite.. CLEM, you got valve check there i think ? WELL, will know next week....

Larry

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, they were sure on the valve check service price.

Picked up the bike and payed 150$$ today. only the valve check,changed no shims,no plugs,no seals,no gaskets..at 90$$ @ hour,can they do a valve check in less then 2 hours ?

Larry

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
Picked up the bike and payed 150$$ today. only the valve check,changed no shims,no plugs,no seals,no gaskets..at 90$$ @ hour,can they do a valve check in less then 2 hours ?

Larry
I doubt it, but once had a cycle shop quote me 1/2 hr labor for a job that they spent 2+ hrs on. I know the time they spent because I stayed and watched. They honored the quote.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
That's about what I paid here in NC.

Without any adjustment.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Maybe?

Takes me awhile and I'm a bike tech. But it's my bike and I take my time, check and clean the air filter (BMC), change the plugs, sync the throttle bodies, check the coolant, make sure I don't scratch anything or lose any of those little plastic rivets, anti-seize all the screws. Then go for a long test tide, smoke a cigar, drink some coffee, check out the babes. Could take the better part of a day.

·
Administrator
17,218 Posts
They didn't check them......trust me.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
They didn't check them......trust me.
Then they really went out of their way to find a bike that looked exactly like mine to tear down just to put one over on me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts