StromTrooper banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a like new 2007 non ABS and a guy who has a new 2011 ABS bike wants to trade me wheels. Heck, I have a silver DL650 so why not silver wheels? Is it just a straight across trade-out or will it be a pain in the butt? Where are the ABS sensors located? Will we have to keep brake disks, etc. seperate to our bikes? Any help appreciated. Thanks, Bucky

·
Registered
562 Posts
Wheres GreyWolf? He's the man who would know.

Pat?//

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
2007 and later ABS are interchangeable.

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
2007 and later are interchangeable.
Does a non-ABS bike have the ABS rings? If not, make sure he takes his off before giving you his wheels.

·
38,103 Posts
The question was about ABS bikes but I added that to my answer to avoid confusion. ABS and non ABS wheels have different part numbers and those parts do not include the ABS sensor ring.

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
The question was about ABS bikes but I added that to my answer to avoid confusion. ABS and non ABS wheels have different part numbers and those parts do not include the ABS sensor ring.
That's what I thought. Check the OP again, he said he has a non-ABS, and wants to trade with an ABS.

·
38,103 Posts
You're right. I read it wrong and completely missed the "non" even when looking a second time. The non ABS wheels still got a larger hub diameter in 2007. ABS and non ABS have the same discs. Maybe the non ABS wheel is just not drilled and tapped for the sensor.

I apologize for the mis-read and hope it didn't cause a problem.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All information received! Thanks for your input guys! I figured they were different but just wanted to make sure! Bucky

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Since this is answered, I am going to divert a little.
What about 1000 over to 650?
I have a 2006 DL1000 and a 2007 DL650 Non-Abs that I would love to have a set of TKC80's mounted on spare rims to interchange if I wanted to do an off asphalt excursion.
Mike

·
38,103 Posts
Since this is answered, I am going to divert a little.
What about 1000 over to 650?
I have a 2006 DL1000 and a 2007 DL650 Non-Abs that I would love to have a set of TKC80's mounted on spare rims to interchange if I wanted to do an off asphalt excursion.
Mike
The rears are the same on all DL1000s and DL650s from 2004-2006. DL650s changed in 2007 for both ABS and non ABS. The fronts are totally different. You're out of luck on both ends with that year 650.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Thank you sir
Mike

The rears are the same on all DL1000s and DL650s from 2004-2006. DL650s changed in 2007 for both ABS and non ABS. The fronts are totally different. You're out of luck on both ends with that year 650.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts