StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Yes and no. It's kinda complex. The rear wheel on the DL650, up to and including 2006, is the same as all years of the DL1000. The front wheels are different. 650s have smaller front axles for one thing. In 2007, both wheels on the DL650 got larger diameter hubs to support ABS sensors so both wheels on 2007 and later 650s are different from the 1000s as well as earlier 650s.

Thanks for hanging in there and asking the question where more people could learn from it or reply to it. "Are wheels on 650 and 1000 the same?" would have been a better thread title.(see edit note below) Choose titles with enough information to entice the membership to read it. Then you could supply specific information. An example would be, "I have a 2004 DL1000 that is dented and I want to get a new front wheel for it. Will the front wheel from any other bike fit so I can check on E-Bay?" With that detail level, answers on where to get the wheel fixed would also be appropriate. There are places that fix wheels like new.

Finally, with 230 posts, I'll bet you have a V-Strom now. Your profile says you don't have one yet. It would help if everybody kept their profile up to date. Putting the year and model of their bike(s) in the sig space would help too.

Edit: The thread title was changed by an administrator from the original "Wheels".

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Thanks again for being so cooperative with the process. I've seen other people run out of here when being even less snippy than I was here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts