StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hesitate to send $85 to this place with only a name and address. I left a message at the company where they show pictures but my call wasn't returned. I found the phone # at directory assistance.

http://darringtonoutback.com/Aluminum risers with Bling Bar/650Vstrom risers.htm

I placed an online order here but nothing has happened. No answer to e-mail inquiries and phone calls are not returned here.

http://www.adventurersworkshop.com/

Does anyone have any experience with either of these places?

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I have ordered from Adventurers Workshop before and had good customer service. Andrew has a small outfit and can get busy so give him a little time.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Here are my Darrington Outback up-and-back risers:

Ordered easily, received them fast, on in about 10 minutes, happy ever since. I bought them last summer. I don't know if anything has happened to the company since then...

·
Registered
340 Posts
For the first link I would send them snail mail and see if they are still in business (could be a defunct website that hasn't been taken off the server and no longer a viable operation-PO Boxes with no phone contact info - scare me) - the website is very poorly done for any kind of ecommerce, but they may be just some good ole boys and they are still in business - just beer money for them - so it's worth an inquiry.

Check advrider.com for the second link - it looks like a good site and dedicated to the advrider folks, who would know for sure if it is legit.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Stevet, where in the hell is your bling bar?:D

As far as trusting Darrington, anyone who puts a blingbar on their risers can't be all bad.:D

·
Registered
725 Posts
+1 for Adventurers Workshop. I've ordered from them a couple of times, no problem.

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
I was also interested in the Darrington risers, but was reluctant to send off a check to a total stranger who may not even exist except in the imagination of some scam artist. With no email address provided, I thought I'd call first and talk to the guy. Result: no phone listing under his name in Darrington -- and therefore no sale.

He's probably on the up and up, but has the worst business model I've ever encountered. No Paypal or credit cards accepted, and no way to contact him. Just send your money and hope.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I ordered from Adventurers Workshop. Week goes by with nothing but the original order confirmation, so I sent a reply email to [email protected] and got no response. Then I looked closer at the confirmation and saw that it says if you have any questions send your email do [email protected]. I did and he responded same day and said he is supposed to be getting in and shipping out my cruise control next week.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Bling Bar?

What is the purpose of the Darrington "Bling Bar"? Considering the location it doesn't make much sense.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts