StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer's website says this dark burgundy (that they call red) is only available in Canada.
And the 2009 is $500 less than the 2008 (I just bought a 2008 over the phone tonight, since I won't be here for the BC M/C show this weekend, and most of the remaining stock goes during the show).

RED 2009 DL-1000 for Canada

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
day one

the day i went to pick up my bike [silver] the sales man told me they had picked up a red one by mistake .i had arrived at opening time after a travelling 6 hours too pick it up . he said dont worry i will go back to the wear house and get the right one , unless you want the red . i was very set on silver as all the red ones i had seen were to bright for me . any way i rode out of there on the silver at closeing time . if i had seen the red i would have taken it . its beautiful

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chris,
How old is yours?
The "old red" ones are a very bright red.
This dark red is on 2009 bikes that I don't think have hit dealers yet.
I really like the dark color.
I was planning on painting the silver panels on my bike black (its a black bike, but silver around those goofy lights and the side flashes).
Now I'm wondering what they'd look like in this burgundy?
Hmmmmmmmmm :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts

the red i could have got is like nufoundlanders , your saying there is a better red now . i didnt see it on the web site , only orange and silver for 09

·
Registered
117 Posts
I LOVE THAT COLOUR!!!!

But yes the Euro III (I think) emissions for Europe will kill of the Vee over here forever. Hardly a big surprise considering how poor the fuel economy is compared to just about every litre bike available these days.

The Wee will continue along with the SV-650 series though, both very popular in the UK the SV especially, cos the shorter ladies think the low seat height is spot on with a cracking twin under them.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I've got a red '06 in so cal

·
Registered
190 Posts
The dealer's website says this dark burgundy (that they call red) is only available in Canada.
And the 2009 is $500 less than the 2008 (I just bought a 2008 over the phone tonight, since I won't be here for the BC M/C show this weekend, and most of the remaining stock goes during the show).

RED 2009 DL-1000 for Canada
OMG, i want that bike :D.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got the red In Oz

I'm in Australia and actually got the red bike by surprise. Had it 3 weeks now out of the box. Thought I was getting a black one until this arrived. Needless to say, I was very pleased ! The colour is simply stunning and suits this bike's style perfectly. The metalic in the paint really glows in the sunlight. I have installed a Givi box and more accessories to come. Pic Below. (EMBRAER EMB110 Bandierante aircraft with PT-6 Turbines in the background)

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the photo.
The 'strom is really nice in that color (or colour, for those of us who use the language correctly ;) and that plane is nice too!
So, is that your plane?
If so, how do you carry the bike with you on trips?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: Plane.

Nah, it's not my plane. It is a job in at work at the moment. I'm an aircraft engineer and this aircraft belongs to one of the local airlines. The bike would easily go inside, I think you'd get a few in there. The plane is configured for passengers at the moment but quickly converts to carry freight. I thought it would make a nice backdrop for my first few snaps of the bike.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I'll go ahead and apologize but I'm not fond of the color. Maybe it’s the purple look instead of red.

I do like how Suzuki went back with the large V-Strom name on the fairing. :cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts