StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in May 2017, I wrote the note below asking to see if some electricals issue had been fixed in the 2017 650 update. At that time it was too early for an assessment and that was it. I experienced many of those issues in my 2013 unit, even being stranded once due to a burnt stator.

Moving forward to 2021 and with the benefit of 4 years producing the same model, I'm wondering if there is any indication the issues have been fixed. I reviewed the 650 2017+ subforum and didn't find mentions of the problems, but perhaps they are in a different one.

Does anybody know if these issue have been fixed?

Thanks,

Why it is too early to assess if the 3rd generation DL650 has addressed the issues of older siblings, I'm curious if there is some news given that most of the issues are design related and easily spotted.

Let's see the list of mission critical problems:

• Full headlight current passing through starter button burning the contacts over time
  • Two headlight connectors prone to burn/malfunction (One behind radiator, another on left side of front cowling)
  • Stator/Regulator issue - the stator tends to cook itself over time
  • Chafed wiring harness under rear of tank(<12). It may have been fixed in later models
  • Battery ground wire corrosion - bike won't start

Granted, some are more critical than others, but in most one may wake up with a dead bike.

Feel free to expand. In any event, it'd be good to know if these issues has been addressed.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I had a 2005 DL650 that I traded in for my 2017 DL650. Other than a slight fork seal leak on the '05 I have never had a problem of any sort with either. As for the electrical system, we ride two-up with both wearing heated jackets and I have heated grips. All seem to work fine without any issues.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts