StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks:

I'm looking to buy a replacement OEM filter for the 2005 DL-650.

It seems according to the parts department at Aurora Suzuki in Seattle that the two models are very physically similar.

I'm wondering if I go with the stock OEM filter route, are the filters are the same from 2005-2010?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
There was a change in the number of pleats and the supporting metal screen. Later runs included a new gasket in place on the edge while earlier runs required taking the old gasket off the used filter and putting it on the new one. All models will fit all years but care needs to be taken to insure the filter is installed with a gasket around the edge.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
All models will fit all years but care needs to be taken to insure the filter is installed with a gasket around the edge.
Yep. If the new filter does not have the gasket, re-use the gasket from the old filter.

HiFlo brand aftermarket air filters list two part numbers, one for older stroms, one for newer. They turn out to be the same filter, but charge $4 more for the newer listing with an included gasket--no gasket on the older listing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts