1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
It would appear to be the case. #8 isn't there and probably #9. That would be a factory error. The forks are installed before crating.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
quema

So where are the dust covers?

Those are the dust covers,they are called dust seals by Suzuki, the spring is there to keep uniform tension on the wiper lip, remove them you will find the seal retainer clip and below that is the actual seal to keep oil in the fork. Keeping that wiper lip tight against the fork tube reduces dirt and water entry to the actual seal. Go to your dealer and look at part # 51173-29E00 it will look like a upside down seal they push in from the top and sit against the seal retainer clip.

·
38,048 Posts
Unless there is a trick with the light, I'm seeing the oil seal spring. Or does the Vee have a spring around the dust seal too?

·
38,048 Posts
I see Mortaine posted the dust seal has a spring. I don't have a DL1000 and I don't think I've ever seen a spring on a fork dust seal before. After finding the enclosed picture, I guess that's the case. Sorry.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is infact a spring. Just like the one on the SV650 fork oil seal I just rebuilt last week... right under the dust cover.

So, everyone agrees that the Vee dust cover has a spring... or I need to pay the dealer a visit?

Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
131 Posts
New dust seals have the spring. I had one leaking oil seal and took the fork leg into the dealer to have replaced. When I picked it up I thought they didn't put the right dust seal on, but they showed me the parts numbers and said thats what the replacement seals look like.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts