StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to score some shorter brake and clutch levers for my DL650 since I am going to be adding barkbusters and it looks like the ball ends of the levers are going to interfere.

Specifically, I was wondering if the levers mentioned in this thread (which most posters seem to be using on their DL1000's) are compatible with the Wee levers. Good deal on levers from china

If I can't find decent levers that are relatively inexpensive I suppose I could just cut off the ball ends of my levers which would work.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Thanks Greywolf I saved that site.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I checked the site and they show one selection for 2004-2010 and a different selection for the 2011 model. Any idea what changed in the levers in 2011?

·
38,103 Posts
I checked the site and they show one selection for 2004-2010 and a different selection for the 2011 model. Any idea what changed in the levers in 2011?
The clutch switch is different for one thing.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Just installed Pazzos and Barkbusters last night. The levers were the easiest possible m/c job -- 3 minutes and done. Barkbusters took some fiddling but still super easy, no problems, just tweaking to determine optimum position. 45 minutes to do those, max.

But I understand if $350 worth of kit isn't really someone's bag. My brake lever was broken from the PO, so I "had" to buy new levers, that's my justification. And I got the barkbusters spine from a stromtrooper for less than retail.

·
38,103 Posts
Suzuki hand guards can cause some clutch lever adjuster clearance problems. The adjuster lever can be switched so it it on the bottom for more clearance. Be careful if trying it because there are ball and spring detents on the top and bottom. Don't lose them. Work carefully over a large white cloth and move parts slowly. Also, mine won't activate the clutch switch in the first detent position.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Is there a problem with the clutch lever not activating the clutch switch properly when hand guards have been installed on my 2010 650DLA
Could this be the reason a lever with no tang was installed

Thanks

·
38,103 Posts
No such problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts