StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity, are all the different generation shocks the same and will the gen 1 fit the gen 3 and vice versa? I'm going to have a gen 1 shock rebuilt for my weight, but if I find a nice price on a gen 3 650, could I swap shocks around and keep my rebuilt shock and put it on the newer model?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Ya kno...I almost think Suzuki switched to the dual stage valving 1000 shock on the 12up 650s. They mention improvements made & that would be an easy swap. Heavier spring & slightly longer too.

Now..the 14up 1000 shock is altogether different & won't interchange with any of the earlier 1000s or any 650

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
The 1st gen 1000 and 650 shocks are interchangeable, but the 1000 shock is slightly longer, but it'll still fit (actually improves turn-in a bit). This was a somewhat popular move 650 riders did back in the day, switching to the 1000 shock when theirs wore out.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had forgotten the 1000 was slightly longer than the 650 shock- that will be even better.

I'd like a 3rd gen, and there's a black one with plenty of farkles near me on CL, but I hate black bikes and it's not a sceamin' deal yet so I'll just stick with my 1st gen for now.

Sent from my Etch A Sketch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts