StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
I replaced my OEM's with Tuono mirrors. Walked into the local dealer, asked for the mirrors, he got them out of stock and handed 'em to me.

~ $25 ea., I don't remember the exact amount and try to hide those receipts from the wife. :yikes:

I don't know that I got a great price, but it seemed reasonable enough, I had them the same day, and I supported a local bike shop. <shrug>

·
Registered
2,276 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Are those "plug n play" or do you need thread adapters?
plug and play. would work on any japanese bike that have the thread on type mirrors except yamaha which has a left handed thread on the right side.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Have these mirrors helped with the wind buffeting????
no. and anyone that says they do is a big fat li... oh never mind. the only way to cure the buffeting or minimize it is to rake the shield back quite a bit with a madstad bracket remove it all together. all the mirrors do is give you a slightly better view out the back and reduce glare when the sun is behind you, oh and they look a whole lot better. well worth the swap.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Picked up a set yesterday from the Aprilia dealer in Thousand Oaks, CA for $20.99 each using the part numbers listed in this thread.

Not sure I like the looks of them installed as they are asymmetrical in location once on the bike. I didn't realize the mounting points are at different heights and angles, even though the clutch and brake levers look to be in similar positions. Anyone else find this to be the case?

·
Welfare Funder
375 Posts
Picked up a set yesterday from the Aprilia dealer in Thousand Oaks, CA for $20.99 each using the part numbers listed in this thread.

Not sure I like the looks of them installed as they are asymmetrical in location once on the bike. I didn't realize the mounting points are at different heights and angles, even though the clutch and brake levers look to be in similar positions. Anyone else find this to be the case?
Did you ever change your mind after riding for a while, or did you remove them?

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Two delivered for US$51 from Rocket Centre on eBay. It would cost me almost that much to travel to my not-so-local Aprilia dealer to buy them. KTM Duke mirrors also get good reviews for smooth air flow.

They reduced the wind buffeting for me. I replaced the windscreen first with one from Calsci, then the new mirrors smoothed things out more.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I want these. But is it possible to flip the mirrors upside down? Are they mounted to the stems by a ball socket that can be infinitely rotated? I think it'd be cool to have the pointy side on the top and the flatter side on the bottom.

Eh, since there are part numbers for right and left I guess it is not possible... never mind.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I bought mine from a Seattle Aprilia dealer. I paid a little more than necessary, but I like stopping in there occasionally. I much prefer these mirrors to stock. I get a slightly better view around my shoulders, they are stable, I prefer the appearance, and yes I believe they reduce wind buffeting.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I want these. But is it possible to flip the mirrors upside down? Are they mounted to the stems by a ball socket that can be infinitely rotated? I think it'd be cool to have the pointy side on the top and the flatter side on the bottom.

Eh, since there are part numbers for right and left I guess it is not possible... never mind.
I haven't seen them but I suspect the left/right thing is due to them being asymetrical. If you could turn the mirror upside down, I would suspect the left mirror would become the right mirror and vice versa.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I've had mine on for a few thousand miles and have been very happy with them. To be honest it's mostly because they look so much better than the truck mirrors that come stock. I haven't really noticed much difference in buffeting, but with a madstad and the stock screen I never had much buffeting to begin with. I haven't noticed any asymmetry.

I think of the Tuono mirrors as a nice sport-touring/street riding farkle, if I was using my wee more off-road I probably would have kept the stock mirrors.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts

when i get home tonight i'll try. then i'll let you know. if you're lucky, i'll take a pic. if you're luckier, i'll post that pic.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts