StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is looking to buy these mirrors for the strom I found a dealer with them in stock for a great price.

George Ruffolo | Corsa Meccanica

34 Futurity Gate, Suite 1
Vaughan, On. L4K 1S6
Tel | 905 760 9933
Email | [email protected]

They are apparently a big upgrade over the stock mirrors. I am likely still going to order the extenders as I have wide shoulders.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$44 plus taxes and shipping. Best price I found so far and he's expecting a shipment to come in today with them.

·
Registered
310 Posts
It they are the Tuono mirrors, that's a fantastic price. I bought mine from Moto-Science and paid $52 plus shipping to Canada.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are the Tuono mirrors:

AP8104921 & AP8104922

He said he's expecting 40 of them in today.

·
Registered
67 Posts
wrote to him
he said order them off his website
the tuono mirrors are 112 for the both
the scooter mirrors which are the part numbers you have listed
are 34 each.
before shipping.
?

·
Registered
773 Posts
wrote to him
he said order them off his website
the tuono mirrors are 112 for the both
the scooter mirrors which are the part numbers you have listed
are 34 each.
before shipping.
?
The part #'s listed above, are, in fact, for the Aprilia Tuono...
..unless the Aprilia site has mis-labeled them...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sorry stand corrected
I was looking at the 11 tuono :jawdrop:

the mirrors are same as the scooter and the desiduro and other models as well.
and the part numbers are right

however he has them listed at 34 each plus shipping
don't think at that price it is such a great deal.
wrote to him anyways and see what he comes back with
AP8104921 & AP8104922

·
Registered
323 Posts
I got mine 2 years ago at Two Wheel Motorsport for about $75 for both. They are definetly an improvement from the stock ones in terms of helmet buffeting

·
Registered
180 Posts
Sorry stand corrected
I was looking at the 11 tuono :jawdrop:

the mirrors are same as the scooter and the desiduro and other models as well.
and the part numbers are right

however he has them listed at 34 each plus shipping
don't think at that price it is such a great deal.
wrote to him anyways and see what he comes back with
AP8104921 & AP8104922
Interest to hear the final price... Moto science has them for 52$ for the pair and ebay has ones for 35.99 for the pair I believe....

·
Registered
154 Posts
I got mine 2 years ago at Two Wheel Motorsport for about $75 for both. They are definetly an improvement from the stock ones in terms of helmet buffeting
Is buffeting the "main" reason why people want to switch to these mirrors or is it more aesthetics?

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my understanding is that in addition they give a much improved view of what is behind you.

I have a confirmed price of $44 from him for both. Can't imagine he's giving me any kind of discount as I just emailed him from the website. never dealt with them before.

He said the snow in Georgia is causing delays but he's going to let me know when he gets the shipment in.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Is buffeting the "main" reason why people want to switch to these mirrors or is it more aesthetics?
Looks like main reason is buffeting, but they look better as well. I don't think they are bigger then OEM mirrors, so visibility is definitely not a reason.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks like main reason is buffeting, but they look better as well. I don't think they are bigger then OEM mirrors, so visibility is definitely not a reason.
http://www.stromtrooper.com/general-v-strom-discussion/52624-aprilia-replacement-mirrors-big-improvement.html

" They look awesome, provide me FULL visibility of traffic pulling up to me while at a stop and cost $50 total. What makes them especially unique in terms of adjustment is that there is a ball joint between the mirror and the mounting bar making it easy to adjust forward/aft, left or right"

I am combining them with mirror extenders as well, and with the extra adjustment point on these mirrors I am hoping I will get a much better view of what is behind me.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
and later on in the thread:

Depending on how you ride and the positioning of your arms (and the width of your torso), there's still a chance that you'll see your arm/elbows.

To me it's minor. I see a little bit of elbow, but these mirrors make a night-to-day difference in being able to see the cars behind you. Great addition to a great bike.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Matthews fun machines, 23.00 each, original OEM Aprillia mirrors. Installed them with SW Motech extenders, now I have an excellent field of view behind me, they look much better on the bike, cant say for buffeting, I don't get any. The OEM mirrors would just give me a view of my shoulders. Be careful, there is a lot of Chinese copies floating around. The OEM's weigh twice as much as the copies.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's in the USA though Dave.

I am assuming they are genuine as it is straight from an Aprilla dealership.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Price

my understanding is that in addition they give a much improved view of what is behind you.

I have a confirmed price of $44 from him for both. Can't imagine he's giving me any kind of discount as I just emailed him from the website. never dealt with them before.

He said the snow in Georgia is causing delays but he's going to let me know when he gets the shipment in.
Tenny80, I checked with George today, he said the price is $34 per mirror, which come $68 +tax . Are you sure he quoted $44? Thanks

1 - 20 of 27 Posts