StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was tired of seeing mostly my shoulders in the side stock Wee mirrors. I did not want to do extenders, which simply add ANOTHER adjustment point that can get loose, etc. So I purchased a pair of Aprilia mirrors that fit perfectly and took less than 10 minutes to install. They look awesome, provide me FULL visibility of traffic pulling up to me while at a stop and cost $50 total. What makes them especially unique in terms of adjustment is that there is a ball joint between the mirror and the mounting bar making it easy to adjust forward/aft, left or right. If anyone is interested, the part numbers for them are AP8104921 & AP8104922 and are a black finish. The bonus is they provide LESS wind residence than the stock mirrors since they are more aerodynamically designed. Pics are below.

Icing on the cake was a local cycle shop, Atlanta Motor World on Upper Hembree Road in Roswell, GA had them IN STOCK!

:hurray:

Attachments

·
Registered
450 Posts
:worthless:

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Where do we get such mirror?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I believe he is talking about the Aprilia Tuono mirrors.

I ordered mine from a local dealership. You should be able to get them online as well.

BTW, I like mine a lot. They look better than stock and they decrease buffeting.

S

·
0 Posts
+1, but I put mine on extenders, since I already had the extenders with the stock mirrors.

I don't know that I noticed a significant difference in buffeting, but I DID notice a significant difference in that plastic cone not being broken and allowing the stock mirror to re-adjust itself in the wind.:furious:

The mirrors are from an Aprilia Tuono, and they look like the same mirrors as on a few other Aprilia bikes (Monster, maybe?). If you don't have a local Aprilia dealer, google is your friend.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was tired of seeing mostly my shoulders in the side stock Wee mirrors.
:hurray:
That was awesome. Shoulders is all I see no matter how much I adjust the stupid thing...it must be my broad back...NOT!

Thanks for the tip! Could we get some pics?

S

·
0 Posts
A close-up of the Tuono mirrors - can't see what they look like on the bike (very good, IMO), but you can see the shape and view (of my neighbor on his C50) in them.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
56 Posts
I switched to these mirrors about 2 weeks ago. It got rid of 99% of the buffeting now. Seems to me the mirrors were the problem. These are crystal clear and don't shake at all. I still had to use the mirror extenders though, but well worth the money!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Depending on how you ride and the positioning of your arms (and the width of your torso), there's still a chance that you'll see your arm/elbows.

To me it's minor. I see a little bit of elbow, but these mirrors make a night-to-day difference in being able to see the cars behind you. Great addition to a great bike.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
I just realized there's a Aprilla dealer about 15 miles from my house. I like looking at myself as much as the next guy, but safety must come........................... at least third or fourth.

·
Registered
1 Posts
+1, but I put mine on extenders, since I already had the extenders with the stock mirrors.

I don't know that I noticed a significant difference in buffeting, but I DID notice a significant difference in that plastic cone not being broken and allowing the stock mirror to re-adjust itself in the wind.

The mirrors are from an Aprilia Tuono, and they look like the same mirrors as on a few other Aprilia bikes (Monster, maybe?). If you don't have a local Aprilia dealer, google is your friend.

·
Registered
56 Posts
why? didn't completely clear the view of your shoulders?
Pretty much, that's it. I had a good view without the extenders, but my shoulders took up about 1/3 of the mirror. Now, I just see a tiny bit of me in the mirror, much better. If I didn't already have the extenders, I wouldn't have bought them. But since I had them, I figured I'd go ahead and use them.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I actually like the look of the stock mirrors. I also like the large area of them. The only thing I dont like is in the winter they shoot cold air down behind my hand guards. Would the aprilia mirrors maybe fix this? Also, how much smaller is the mirror?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Has anyone found a good online source for these?
You can contact my local Aprilia dealer if you like. Evan is fantastic to deal with.

Evan Scrabnick
616-855-3807
[email protected]

I'm sure they would ship the parts to you.

Feel free to tell him Bo sent you... It won't get you any discounts, but at least he'll know how you got a hold of him. I bought a Yamaha FJR from him a few years back at a different dealership and we go to the same coffee house on Sunday mornings for "Bike Church" all summer long. He always appreciates when I send business his way.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts