StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd post up a tip for anyone thinking about Aprilia mirrors for thier Strom.

Moto-Nexus in Hendersonville, NC has a few sets of the Tuono mirrors IN STOCK right now. I recently purchased a set (under $50 with tax) from them to pick up on my way home from the Rally at the Ironhorse. Searching for the mirrors, I called about five different dealers in two states. Some quoted higher prices, and most told me it would be about two weeks for them to get the parts in. This dealer not only got them in in three days, but also had the foresight to order a few extra sets. He was actually aware that many DL owners are switching to these mirrors and decided he would be ready for the next order. Other dealers sounded confused that someone would want mirrors at all. I was told that it was not a part worth keeping in stock because it's rarely needed.

Anyway, I have no connection to this dealer, but I did receive great service. I asked if they would be willing to ship parts, which they are, and told them I would spread the word as my thanks to them. Anyone who wants to go that route can find their website at www.moto-nexus.com or phone 828-693-0115.

BTW - There are quite a few threads on these mirrors, so I won't belabor the issue, but I'll say that I'm quite pleased with the quality, functionality, look, and wind management of the Tuono mirrors on my Strom.

Here's a recent thread with pics: http://www.stromtrooper.com/showthread.php?p=551931

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have a picture of your bike with the bags on it as i am thinking of getting some. You have a lot of the same mods i have and am looking at. Thanks.
Do you mean my Nelson Riggs? If so, here's one. This is pre-mirror swap and handguards, as you can see. I don't use the bags often.

·
Welfare Funder
375 Posts
Other than looks do these mirrors work better than stock? The couple issues I am concerned with are visibility (wide shoulders) and adjustability (are they as adjustable or more than stock).

TIA

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The view is good. They are not as big, but they go out further. View of the road is still good, no vibes, and you don't see as much of your shoulders/elbows.

The primary benefit is that they are more aerodynamic. They create less turbulence than the stock mirrors. That seems to help with buffeting. I've been pleased so far. Also, they are one of the few mirrors that bolt up directly. Other options include KTM and Buell mirrors which cost much more.

R

·
0 Posts
Yea that is where I got mine from about a year and half ago. I told him that at that price he would be selling some more. I guess after jmhai got his he decided to stock them. He was really interested in my bike also. Specially after he found out that it had the same motor as the Shiver.

RR

R

·
0 Posts
Both are Rotax the shiver is a 750 which is just bored out a lil more with a better tune.

RR

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
It is NOT April First!
I was just going off of what I was told by the dealer. Since your lil smart as jab I did a lil digging and come to find out I looks like just about every manufacture out there is using a Rotax motor of some sort. So it might not be the same motor its just made by the same people. But if you go put your bike side by side the cases match almost identically.

RR

·
Registered
18 Posts
just got mine

I'd been wanting these mirrors due to looks and the possibility of less buffeting, so after reading this thread I called the Hendersonville, NC dealer mentioned in the original post and they had the mirror in-stock. At $23 each, the best price I found. I ordered them (good phone experience) and the mirrors were shipped promptly, were well packed, and arrived via UPS undamaged. They look great and install easily. Heavier than the OEM's and a bit less mirror surface area, but still enough and no vibration, though I had none from the stocker's either. In my particular set up, they do cut down on some helmet buffeting, but not all. The dealership experience was fine, with one caveat -- they charged NC sales tax, which was an unnecessary added expense, but I didn't discuss it with them at the time of the order so not entirely their fault. If you live out-of-state and order from them, be sure they know not to charge the tax. I've e-mailed them about it but no response.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I'd been wanting these mirrors due to looks and the possibility of less buffeting, so after reading this thread I called the Hendersonville, NC dealer mentioned in the original post and they had the mirror in-stock. At $23 each, the best price I found. I ordered them (good phone experience) and the mirrors were shipped promptly, were well packed, and arrived via UPS undamaged. They look great and install easily. Heavier than the OEM's and a bit less mirror surface area, but still enough and no vibration, though I had none from the stocker's either. In my particular set up, they do cut down on some helmet buffeting, but not all. The dealership experience was fine, with one caveat -- they charged NC sales tax, which was an unnecessary added expense, but I didn't discuss it with them at the time of the order so not entirely their fault. If you live out-of-state and order from them, be sure they know not to charge the tax. I've e-mailed them about it but no response.
Pretty much my same experience, although the guy who took my order did tell me about the sales tax. Sooner or later ALL online orders will include sales tax. Don't think the state and federal gubments are gonna keep letting that revenue get away:thumbdown:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts