StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you aren't following the thread about the weekend state parks ride, you probably don't realize we are having a cookout at our place Sunday April 1st. All our stromtrooper friends (and friends to be) are invited, whether you are going on the ride with us or not.

As it looks right now we should be eating around 2:00, but this is subject to change.

If you think you might come please let us know so we can have plenty of food ready. We will be serving hot dogs, BBQ beef and all the fixins. Post here, PM or call me at 386-774-6954.

We live here:

370 W. Holly Dr., Orange City - We are roughly halfway between Orlando and Daytona Beach, just a few minutes off of I-4

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=370+W+Holly+Dr,+32763

We will not be serving any "adult" beverages and we would like to discourage anyone from drinking and riding, but if you must, you will have to provide your own.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Cookout

WeeLeestrom and I are planning to attend after the ride back. Would you like us to bring a dish, drinks or anything? Thanks, Mystrom

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Winnie and the Harley guy Rick will be there. Please let us know what we can bring. We will be arriving directly form Gainesville so bringing a dish is not a problem.

Roesanne e-mail me directly and let me know how I can help.

Winnie
[email protected]

·
Registered
580 Posts
WOW, looks like I going to miss the event of the year.
Keith and Lou, thanks to both of you for picking up my slack.

We played ball this weekend and I played like a 60 year old.
The team could not jell at all so we finished in the lower part
of the feild. Altho I went 13 for 15 (just have to feed my ego)
we didn't play well as a team.

The cook out for Anne and I really depends on our draw for the
tournament that weekend on the first of April. If we finish early
we will be there. If we finish late, around 4 or 5 I assume the
cook out would be over. I will know more when the schedule
comes out later this month.

Also the cookout weekend Allan is having a big chopper show
on River Walk in Sanford. (Glad I don't have to work that weekend,
altho I am sure it would have been more fun than Bikeweek)
If he can get off he might stop by the cook out, if that is OK?
After all he did buy a DL1000K2 (Blue) last month. But as
always he has not found time to ride it yet.

We also play softball this coming weekend at Alburndale
(the race track) Fields for the Springs Nationals (SSUSA)
PLay early Friday and about mid day Sat and Sun.

Remember the 13th, 14th and 15 of April is the Nature Coast Bike
Fest. Saturday is the $2000.00 poker run and it finishes at Allans
Place at 2pm on the 14th. Bands, Bikes, Food, and Beer.
Sunday the local HD shop will have their big party.
Allans place on Saturday and the HD shop on Sunday.
Several bands and lots of food. Should be a great party both days.
Would be a great time to do the Ozella Trail ride and/or the Lake
Rousesseau Ride around the lake.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Bbq

Mike & Rosanne,

Thanks for the invitation and hosting.
Looks like I will be there as I will be riding from Miami to Eustis Friday after work, working on the house Saturday, and then available for some social activities on Sunday and a ride back to Miami.

Timm

PS Hoping for some BE-A-U-tiful Spring Sunhine(not the liquid kind)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Charlie - hope it works out that you and Ann can come. Please tell Allan he's more than welcome.

Timm - Glad that you could work it out to come. Looking forward to meeting you.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Roseanne and Mike;
Looks as if it will be just me for the BBQ cookout. Marianne has some plans for the day and will not make the cookout. So you are stuck with just me from the East Coast. Thanks for all of the work putting this together. CYA!!!!

·
StromTrooper.com Founder
11,285 Posts
Believe this or not, I may come to the cookout. I miss you guys! :)
I am going to be in Atlanta for the Final Four, and Sunday is a "open day". Weather permitting (meaning no super nasty weather) I will be riding to Atlanta Friday.

I am going to do some quick research on how long it would take to get to your (Mike's) place.

My original plan was to spend my open day somewhere along a coast, eating delicious seafood. I am thinking about riding to Savannah (Tybee Island actually) on Tuesday to have lunch at the Crab Shack, then work my way back to Indiana.

Will let you know soon.

B.K.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
56 Posts
I bet you could make it in 6 hours. We'd sure like to see you again.
Or less if your're a "spirited":wink: rider... it's only 435 Miles +/- from Atlanta to Orange City.... (freinds caged from Plant City about an hour south of Orlando to Atlanta in 6.5 hours)

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Brendan,

We sure would love to see you again but it sure is a long way to come for a party.
AND you might have to listen to all us Florida Gators bragging on making it to the big dance AGAIN.
I’m not sure how much more Ohio can take. Do you remember the OSU marching band at the football National Championship game?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Brendan,

Sure would like to have you if you can make it. IMHO it would be worth the ride for the Schmidt's hospitality, but then again I may be a bit biased.:rolleyes:

All joking aside, if your up for the ride, we'd love for you to be here.

Can I assume that everyone going on the ride this weekend will be here for the cookout? So far I've only got about 7 people saying they're coming for sure.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Brendan, you've got aplace to crash at my place if you want to make the trip. Hope you can make it down for what Charlis puts it, "the social event of the year". Of course Charlie wont be here, something about softball or tennis or maybe it wwas croquet. yeah croquet.

·
Registered
54 Posts
SandShark Coming

Count One More

When did the dates change for the ride. I thought that it was Easter weekend so I was passing on the ride, but I see that it is this weekend. To late for me to make the ride but will be at the cookout on Sun.

Can't wait to see everyone espcially Lou, is Pinkman anywhere in the house.

Bill "SandShark"
03 V-Strom 1000
02 DRZ400S

·
Registered
580 Posts
Sorry guys I missed it all. Our games did not end until 4 today and losing the last 2 games of the day left a bad taste in my mouth, didn't feel like eating or talking. Softball has me consumed more than a grown man should let anything bother him. I am sure you guys had a lot better time than I did.
Sorry I missed it. :(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts