StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
April 28, 2012

That's the date guys and gals, make plans to be here!

Chime in and let's see what people want/need to do and see being done. Plan on the usual valve check/adjust or two, brake pad change, fluid flush, farkle install, what have you.

I've got about a half dozen sets of braided ss brake lines, 2 line front and the rear, for non-abs bikes with standard height bars that will be available for $50 if anyone is interested. We can install them that day also.

Hopefully one or two of you guys in the area with a '12 will come on down for at least the meet and greet part. The collective has the skill and knowledge to do valve checks and what not, but you'd need to bring a shop manual for the new one so we make sure to get it right. ;-)

Gather around 8 or so, burgers or the like for lunch. Details to follow. For now let's get a list of those who will or may make it, and we'll go from there.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I should make it,I would love to learn to do my own TBS,and maybe a valve adjust too..If anybody is doing a chain I can bring my chain tools just let me know.

Alan..

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm most likely in for BS'ing. I have a set of shims for a 650 from last time that i can bring.

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
I'll be there.(But Rob already knew that.)

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
This might be a dumb question, but I'm assuming it's in Enumclaw, WA? :confused:

I'd like to attempt to make a ride that day, but no guarantees. The missus usually has us booked up on most weekends, but if nothing is planned I might ride that direction.

I'll follow this thread and see where it goes.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I haven't done this before, but am intrigued. I'll check my schedule as it approaches.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Rob, Were you thinking of a camping thing, or is this still in the planning stages? I will mark my calender now, so the misses and daughter don't fill it that day!!! I can bring food stuff and knowledge/hands!!!

Thanks for hosting ROB!!!!! :thumbup:

For anyone thinking of coming, it is an awesome way to get some help or offer help to others for your bike!!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Darkshadow1 - Lots of choices out there for chains and sprockets. I've always used RK chains and have no complaints, fwiw. I've never purchased through Blair at SV Racing Parts, but it seems like there are plenty of satisfied customers. Maybe we can get him to come down also? :bom_ears:

bassbronco_74 - Yes, in Enumclaw. Been doing this for a few years now, usually get a good turnout, especially for the spring version. See what you can do to make it, just try not to do it by shooting straight up I-5. Boooooring. :mrgreen:

hoebster - Yep, was toying with the idea of offering an overnight with the plan to do some riding on Sunday. At the time I made the post, I hadn't yet run that idea by the SO. But now I have, and she's cool with it. Especially so, I think, because she'll be out of town. :green_lol:

So with that in mind, I'll make it official: if anyone coming wants to stay over and do a ride the next day, I've got plenty of lawn space for tents and all. For that matter, if you're coming from a distance and want to arrive Friday night, that could work also.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I put it on the calander and will know more as time gets closer. But I do plan on coming at this point. maybe I can get the wifey to get out of the house and ride her Gladius down as well.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
...so we make sure to get it right. ;-)
Always good to try something new.

Just joking. The work done by and overseen by Rob, Don, and crew is always done right.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I'd love to but homeland security has banned me from entering the USA....
:furious:

·
Registered
219 Posts
I put it on the calander and will know more as time gets closer. But I do plan on coming at this point. maybe I can get the wifey to get out of the house and ride her Gladius down as well.
Deerchser,

If you head down -- let's ride together. I'll be riding the new Orangesicle.

It will be great to see those I've ridden with and meet some new folks.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Wish that I could make this, but yet again I'm teaching new riders to stay upright that weekend.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hopefully one or two of you guys in the area with a '12 will come on down for at least the meet and greet part.

Rob, will a German 12 be ok to sit and mingle for awhile?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rob, will a German 12 be ok to sit and mingle for awhile?
Was hoping you'd notice this! Yeah, come on over, I've been meaning to ask how that German kool aid has been tasting. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Thanks, I will see if I can trade shifts or at least try to hang for a few hrs. Spend some time on the other site learning german,drinking cool aid, but nothing holds a candle to the stromtrooper group. See you all there.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts