StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Leaving Almonte at 10:00 ( after my first cup) second will be in Merckville...

Cheers

Gary:thumbup::thumbup:
Is Merkville the Valley pronunciation of Merrickville? If so, I can meet you for your second cup in Merrickville. But where, there in Merkville, do you plan to find apple pie and coffee?

Marc

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is Merkville the Valley pronunciation of Merrickville? If so, I can meet you for your second cup in Merrickville. But where, there in Merkville, do you plan to find apple pie and coffee?

Marc
Merrickville.. That's what happens when you don't pay attention to the spell check..

A couple of blocks from the main intersection on the left side of the street.. Small place that has great apple pie an d coffee

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Marc
It's right beside the a Food Market.... St Laurent st.. Which is the main drag

·
Registered
712 Posts
Merrickville.. That's what happens when you don't pay attention to the spell check..

A couple of blocks from the main intersection on the left side of the street.. Small place that has great apple pie an d coffee
I'll be there near 11. I should be able to find it (If not, I'll look for your VStrom).

Pie and coffee, want some now. Yum.

Marc

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
damn now i want pie too... wish I didn't have to work tomorrow!

Let me know how it is... i'll ride just about anywhere for apple pie (it's my fav haha)

·
Registered
712 Posts

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
st. Lawrence st? or am i thinking of a different Merrickville lol

·
Registered
3,242 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
st. Lawrence st? or am i thinking of a different Merrickville lol
I'm happy enough with St-Laurent, but the sign and Google call it St. Lawrence. Bilingualism works fine unless you get uppity about one language or the other.

This St-Laurent/Lawrence is a bit quieter than it's Montreal namesake. I was not once approached for drugs, sex or money, no police cars came whizzing by, and I was probably the weirdest person out at that time of day. Not too disappointing, that.

What WAS disappointing is that they HAD NO APPLE PIE. The coffee was good. The tarts were good. But, no apple pie. No pies at all.

Nice ride though.

·
Registered
122 Posts
What WAS disappointing is that they HAD NO APPLE PIE. The coffee was good. The tarts were good. But, no apple pie. No pies at all.

Nice ride though.
Dang!!! Forgot all about this....started for Lake George this morning and ran smack into cold and rain 30 miles from home. Buddy was not dressed for the ride so back we came. I went to work when I could have shot across the border for coffee and tarts!!:headbang:

·
Registered
712 Posts
Dang!!! Forgot all about this....started for Lake George this morning and ran smack into cold and rain 30 miles from home. Buddy was not dressed for the ride so back we came. I went to work when I could have shot across the border for coffee and tarts!!:headbang:
I rode through Canton eight days ago, and again on Sunday. Nice area around Canton, but the roads are too straight. I camped and fished in the Wilmington area, and only got rained on once. I think that is a record. It was dry riding there and back.

Today I rode an hour there and an hour back for the tarts. Well worth it. We should meet some day for coffee and tarts, or better yet, apple pie.

It was nice meeting Gobear. (He has a real name as well).

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
That's the one I was thinking of :) Thanks for the heads up I was going to ride up in the morning haha. There is a bakery in Madoc that is AMAZING! May have to go there now lol.

·
Registered
984 Posts
PIE!!!!!

You haven't had pie until you've had pie at Mom's Diner on Rt 415 in Savona, NY. A slice consists of one quarter of a deep dish home made on the premises 9" pie and two scoops of ice cream and one of whipped. Coffee ain't bad either and I guarantee there will be apple pie. Check it out, it's between Bath and Corning. They also offer an annual Mother's Day and Father's Day brunch which includes the dessert buffet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts